Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion Norway
Quote:(Reuters) - A huge explosion damaged government buildings in central Oslo on Friday including Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg's office, injuring several people, a Reuters witness said.
The blast blew out most windows on the 17-storey building housing Stoltenberg's office, as well as nearby ministries including the oil ministry, which was on fire.
Reuters correspondent Walter Gibbs said he counted at least eight injured people. The cause of the blast was unknown but the tangled wreckage of a car was outside one building. Police and fire officials declined comment on the cause.
Still breaking news so not too much information at this stage. But some things are clear. :flames:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Massive explosion rocks central Oslo

[Image: norway.jpg?w=620]Twitter
Twitter user Christian Aglen's photo of the blast in Oslo. It was accompanied with the following text: "Unreal. An entire block has exploded! Huge explosion rocks Oslo, Norway!"

Reuters Jul 22, 2011 10:01 AM ET | Last Updated: Jul 22, 2011 10:13 AM ET
OSLO A huge explosion damaged government buildings in central Oslo on Friday including Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg's office, injuring several people, a Reuters witness said.
The blast blew out most windows on the 17-storey building housing Stoltenberg's office, as well as nearby ministries including the oil ministry, which was on fire.
Reuters correspondent Walter Gibbs said he counted at least eight injured people. The cause of the blast was unknown but the tangled wreckage of a car was outside one building. Police and fire officials declined comment on the cause.
Twitter user Christian Aglen's (@chaglen) posted a photo of the blast in Oslo, with the following text: "Unreal. An entire block has exploded! Huge explosion rocks Oslo, Norway!"
You can see some more photos from the blast on the aftenposten.no website.

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
An unusual place for such an event....my first reaction is that whether 'real' or false flag it was meant to turn Norway to the right.......it has been slowly creeping that way...but by American standards still on the far, FAR progressive side of things. Sad, the forces of evil seem determined to leave no place to hide and no place un-sullied by their crap.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
My thoughts too Peter.
Seems the newspaper was the target.....

Magda Hassan Wrote:My thoughts too Peter.
Seems the newspaper was the target.....

The paper you refer to is called VG [the tabloid rag in Norway], along with Aftenposten [also in the area] which did reprint the offending cartoons from Denmark, but I note that they were NOT near the main explosion [or two], but are two blocks away......it seems the target was either the prime minister's offices or the Oil Ministry......the weirdest thing is that the fire dept, police, military et al. have not yet sealed off the area....it is still open to passer's by and unsecured nearly an hour after. It was, however, the heart of the Norwegian Govt. Buildings in Oslo.

Update: Several dead; more injured. Offical press conference in 30 minutes. Norwegian official confirm it was at least one bomb - perhaps two.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Read some mentions on twitter about the possibility of it happening because of Norways involvement in bombing Libya.
Danny Jarman Wrote:Read some mentions on twitter about the possibility of it happening because of Norways involvement in bombing Libya.

Norway is a member of NATO, but on the lowest levels at any of their interventions. Having lived in Norge myself, I find it a surprise, I must admit. Anyone who has lived there knows the government plays at a token membership/allegiance to NATO and such, but the average Norwegian are FAR more independent and progressive.
McVeigh did it.
Charles Drago Wrote:McVeigh did it.

CD, I realize you say that in serious political jest, yet oddly, there is an all points bulletin out in Oslo at the moment for a man who one could only describe as 'Nordic' in physical appearance. I wish to note, however, it is very early days and this is still in the midst of lots of confusion and shock - profound shock among Norwegians on all sides of the political spectrum. They all feel a much unwanted loss of innocence - whether if this comes from the real or the false flag camps.

N.B. On an island just off of Oslo, there was some strange shooting at a left wing party's summer camp - with seven dead. Unclear if definitive, but several have said the shooter was dressed either as a soldier or a policeman! It is a remote island and calls from frightened campers hiding in the woods seems to confirm this most disturbing claim.

I'm monitoring both English and Norwegian channels now. The constant theme is one of shock - of it 'doesn't happen here'. I believe that was the goal of whoever was behind this~~~~~!
Head of Information, the police in Northern Buskerud, Bjorn Erik Sem-Jacobsen, told NRK.no that a person is arrested for shooting drama at the Labour Party summer camp for youth.

- The person was dressed as a policeman when he came to the island. We have great reason to believe that the shooting has a connection with the explosion in Oslo earlier today, says Sem-Jacobsen.

- It's a political summer camp held there, and with what has happened in Oslo today, it is reasonable to believe that there is a connection. There is a theory we now work out from, he says to NRK.no.

More critically injured

Police have not yet know how many were injured after they should have shot wildly around him. Witnesses told NRK that between five and to seven persons to be killed, but this is not confirmed.

NRK can just before 19.30 learn that at least two girls are taken away from the place with critical injuries.

So far, more than 20 ambulances and four air ambulances sent to Utøya. Ten of these were requisitioned from London just after 19 o'clock

- More weapons
A witness said that it was used both shotguns, handguns and automatic weapons.
- People were choked down, tells a caller who spoke with a relative on the island.

Relative was one of many who chose to swim to the mainland.

County Secretary Telemark AUF, Adrian Pracon, told Varden that at least four people have been taken.

According to him it is probably a matter of several killed.

Happened after the bomb attack

Shooting is done between the hours of 17 and 17.30 on Friday afternoon. Only hours before the Oslo shaken a what probably is a major terrorist attack.

Witnesses who have managed to escape from the island, says to NRK reporters on the spot that the perpetrator had a Norwegian look. He should be between 185 to 190 cm tall and have blond hair.

Several witnesses said he was wearing a police uniform. Others tell that he was wearing a ski mask.

The situation on Utøya was long chaotic. Both via Facebook, Twitter and text messaging told terrified campers that they hid in different places on Utøya.

- We are alive and well, waiting for the situation, writes Hordaland AUF leader Kjetil Velvet on Twitter at 19-hours.

Relatives number

According to sources at the site are the wounded gathered in an area.

The police are now on Utøya to gain control of the situation, find out how many are injured, and what really happened.

- We must protect those who are left on the island for them to know that it is safe to be out there now.

Red Cross takes care of all the action from the sea. the police have also established a family center at Sundvollen hotel.

- One is shot and bleeding heavy, I do not know if he is alive, write an AUF is a sms.

He says that he escaped the shooter with a hair's breadth.

According to witnesses, a person dressed as police fired several shots.

- I just got a text message that a girl is shot in the arm, but she is not life-threatening injuries, said Hege Haukeland Liadal to NRK. com.

She is deputy chairman of the Labour Party in Haugesund, and is in continuous contact with young people on the island. Swam towards the shore

It is now flowing in with dramatic eyewitness separated systems from the traditional youth camp in Buskerud.

- Many are injured, they hide around and some have also added to swim towards the shore, said Bjørn-Jarle Rødberg Larsen, earlier in the evening.

Larsen had been in contact with an acquaintance on somerleiren, who said the shooting began after a bomb explosion in downtown Oslo.

- After a while he began to shoot wildly around him, says Larsen.

- People are scared, desperate and hiding away. More is hysterical and unable to be quiet. They have seen with my own eyes campers being shot by this person.

There were about 560 young social democrats on the island when the shooting started.

AUF arrange annual political summer camp on the island, located in Tyrifjorden in Buskerud.

My Note: Unless the island incident is a very bizarre reaction to the Central Oslo bombing, then {and even possibly anyway} my gut feeling at the moment is a Gladio operation needs to be considered; and [B][U]is being considered in Noway.[/U][/B]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another chemical explosion in China Lauren Johnson 1 4,308 30-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan