Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software.
Thanks to all involved for the new post entry software... :cheer:
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
You like it? Good!:tea:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:You like it? Good!:tea:

Saves a lot of time when posting articles with graphics and embedded links... makes the posted article more valuable to the reader because it is already interactive and doesn't require the reader to go somewhere else to see the sources. I thought originally that function was lost because I had switched computers but then realized it was the likely due to historical events. Still looking for postal drop to allow member contributions.
This place generally rocks :rockandroll: and should be supported with more than cheers.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down. Otherwise, things seem to be working and the capture of links and photos is nice.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
It's not doing that for me. I'm using Chrome and Firefox.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:It's not doing that for me. I'm using Chrome and Firefox.

I guess it could be the browser. I'm hooked on Opera.....as it seems to handle having many open sites open at one time....better than the others.....but everytime they update...it 'eats' all of one's open webpages :joystick:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Quote:I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down.

Same for me Peter.

Quote:Saves a lot of time when posting articles with graphics and embedded links... makes the posted article more valuable to the reader because it is already interactive and doesn't require the reader to go somewhere else to see the sources.

Ok,I'm not very computer literate.Could someone explain what Ed is talking about here?Thanks

PS:And what is that yellow auto-saved icon that occasionally pops up in the lower right corner?

Slightly Stoopid........pcguru
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
When you click on "reply", the window that opens is a new format. The embedded widgets [B,I,U, font selection tools, etc.] appear to be the same and function the same but if you cut-and-paste a body of text from another site or location (as opposed to simply typing something), the new system automatically copies all characteristics of the copied text, including color, font, photos, etc., as well as the embedded links. Thus, the posting individual doesn't have to go back and click on the photo to get the photo url to paste into the graphic category, nor copy down and re-post the link's url, as it is already done.
Ed Jewett Wrote:When you click on "reply", the window that opens is a new format. The embedded widgets [B,I,U, font selection tools, etc.] appear to be the same and function the same but if you cut-and-paste a body of text from another site or location (as opposed to simply typing something), the new system automatically copies all characteristics of the copied text, including color, font, photos, etc., as well as the embedded links. Thus, the posting individual doesn't have to go back and click on the photo to get the photo url to paste into the graphic category, nor copy down and re-post the link's url, as it is already done.

OK,Thanks Ed.I'll figure things out eventually.......:cleanears:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Keith Millea Wrote:
Quote:I just have one small problem with the new software...and don't know if it is my system - or yours. When I first try to put something into the 'box' that will be the post, that box jumps up off the top of my screen and I have to scroll it down.

Same for me Peter.

What browser do you use to view/post the Forum with?!