Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaeton Fonzi, American Hero, has Passed
The war for truth and justice in the wake of JFK's assassination has lost a true hero.

Gaeton Fonzi has passed.

The information below was posted elsewhere earlier today:

Gaeton Fonzi, 76, of Satellite Beach, died peacefully on Thursday, August 30 surrounded by his loving family. He is survived by Marie, his wife of 55 years, four children (Irene, Guy, Maria, and Christopher) and their spouses (Jeff, Dolly, Victor and Gina), eight grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

Mr. Fonzi's fame as an investigative journalist earned him a place on the Senate and House Committees which investigated the JFK assassination and subsequently resulted in the publication of his book The Last Investigation in 1993 which is highly critical of the Warren Commission Report. His book was considered by many critics as among the best books on the subject and he was recognized as a respected authority on those aspects of the assassination involving anti-Castro Cubans and the intelligence agencies.

Previous to his involvement investigating the assassination, Mr. Fonzi was Senior Editor of Philadelphia Magazine, where he wrote over 100 major feature articles and won the magazine's first national journalism award. During this time, he published Annenberg: a Biography of Power and was featured in Best Magazine Articles 1968.

An honors journalism graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Fonzi served in the US Army Infantry and rose to Captain in a Civil Affairs reserve unit. Upon moving to Miami in 1972, Mr. Fonzi became editor of Miami Magazine and senior editor of its sister publication, Gold Coast. Throughout his career, Mr. Fonzi wrote for New York Times Magazine, Esquire, Penthouse, Avenue Magazine, the New York Daily News and the Chicago Tribune. He won numerous awards including two local Sigma Delta Chi Awards and a National Sigma Delta Chi Award.

Mass to be held at 11am on Tuesday, September 4 at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, 3050 North Hwy.
A1A, Indialantic, Florida. Luncheon reception at 1:00 p.m., at City Tropics Bistro, 249 Fifth Avenue, Indialantic, Fla. (321) 723-1300
An immense loss! A man full of integrity and intelligence! I'd heard for a long time how sick he was and not to ask him for things.....etc. Sigh...we are now loosing so many important persons, one at a time. He did so much to unravel the Gordian knot that is the JFK Assassination. We still have his work and investigative efforts! We have lost the man. I'm very sad indeed. He once did a very great deed for me, personally, when he easily could have declined. If you've not read his book The Last Investigation, do! I had the pleasure to meet him many times and know him a little. He was always helpful to a serious researcher who asked. Farewell friend, colleague, researcher, explorer into the murky depths. A life well lived and lived fully! American Hero, for sure, and more.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I am speechless...again.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)
I encourage every person who reads this who has not read The Last Investigation by Gaeton Fonzi to deny yourself that no longer.

Imagine Gaeton Fonzi finding George DeMohrenschildt before the black team.

What was your reaction to first hearing Veciana placing Phillips with Oswald in Dallas.

Phillips who wanted to salvage the reputation of his fellows with AFIO

Who only near the end admitted he was in Dallas

Even as Lane led a jury to reject Hunt's alibi for that day

Despite Blakey's lapdancing for Langley one investigator soldiered on

We should be closing doors said Blakey

Because Maurice Bishop's people got me this job to insure that

To Gaeton Fonzi

The Investigator
One other guy I'd have loved to interview. A very real hero of the case. My thoughts to his friends and family.
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
For any serious seeker of truth regarding the JFK assassination, Gaeton Fonzi's "The Last Investigation" is an absolute must read. If I had to pick my favorite, TLI is it. A true loss. The researchers and students of JFK's assassination will miss him.

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

A man died. A man possessing a voice of reason that he raised in moral authority ... defiant, indignant, righteous. Irony being uncontrollable, I conjure the memory of Caroline Kennedy presenting a "Profiles in Courage" Award to Gerald Ford. A lantern without light.

As opposed to Gaeton.
My condolences to his family. The Last Investigation was one of the greatest books.
Fonzi should have been awarded the 'Profile in Courage' award instead of Gerry Ford.

Attached Files
.jpg   2001-jfkprofile-award-ford.jpg (Size: 10.13 KB / Downloads: 4)
Sprague replaced with Blakey by The Castle

Blakey lied about the Parkland and Bethesda medical witnesses

and more

CIA's Joannides blocked Lopez and Hardaway

(what possible national security argument protects a lone gunman)

Joannides so involved with DRE in the vanguard of framing the patsy

DBA OBAMA stonewalls Morley's FOIA request for CIA files on Joannides

A murder by a hidden power elite

covered up by willing handmaidens in government, intelligence, media

abetted by liars Posner and Bugliosi

Theory, theirs

Truth, ours

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3969[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   GAETON FONZI.jpg (Size: 72.44 KB / Downloads: 8)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stanley Marks: Forgotten Hero Jim DiEugenio 2 3,214 18-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  H.P. Albarelli has passed away. Anthony Thorne 95 69,378 17-02-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  John Kenneth Galbraith: A Hero in our Time Jim DiEugenio 25 22,355 21-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Jim DiEugenio Critiques CNN's American Dynasties Jim DiEugenio 0 13,825 20-07-2018, 09:40 PM
  Has Pierre Finck passed on? Jim DiEugenio 1 7,006 08-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  Eugene Dinkin: The Saga of an Unsung Hero Jim DiEugenio 2 5,617 24-10-2017, 06:16 AM
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,628 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
  Sylvia Odio interview with Fonzi Jim DiEugenio 17 10,440 07-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Howard Willens and The American Scholar Jim DiEugenio 2 3,257 22-10-2016, 02:25 AM
  JFK, RFK and Some Myths About American Foreign Policy Keith Millea 16 7,445 09-02-2014, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Marc Ellis