Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No OSHA Inspections at Texas Plant in 5 Years
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Kenneth Kapel Wrote:On the Chris Hayes MSNBC program tonight it was said that OSHA hasn't inspected the plant since 1985. Big government for the wealthy, serfdom for the bottom 97-99%. Wars and hands for "Mammon", crumbs & water for the rest of us.

A fertilizer plant has very similar chemicals to some explosive plants [obvious, as many bombers have built their own fertilizer-bombs]. To NOT inspect such a plant every year, at minimum, is sheer stupidity and shows the complete upside-down priorities in America now. Having such a plant adjacent to an old-persons home is also stupidity of a high order! America was never even close to the perfection and #1 status of its own mythology and propaganda - but from being a reasonably liveable nation [with hope] to a total ruin [with no hope left] I have watched it fall in my lifetime. Yes, it is the 'overclass' IMHO which has driven this ruination while they have become even more powerful and thousands of times richer; the rest of us....flushed down the toilet.

From what I have read, they have had no complaints since 2006, when inspectors did visit and took care of the problem. I also read that besides the production of ammonium nitrate, a fertilizer, there were large stockpiles of anhyrous ammonium (anhydrous means without water) which, when mixed with air forms an explosive compound. There was a fire which firemen were attending to before the explosion, and it is possible that heat from this fire might have set off the explosion.

Adele

Messages In This Thread
No OSHA Inspections at Texas Plant in 5 Years - by Adele Edisen - 19-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genetically modified grass blamed for mass cattle deaths in Texas Magda Hassan 2 3,167 24-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Nuclear plant workers developed cancer despite lower radiation exposure than legal limit Magda Hassan 0 3,075 28-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  3 Mile Island death toll still rising 30 years later Magda Hassan 0 3,631 25-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan