Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label
Ed Jewett Wrote:Boy do I 'get' this topic... I'm a wounded veteran. Aside from the online scorn, I've also had it personally, including the psychiatric angle. Bullets do not take left-hand turns en route to the target. The upper third of 100-story skyscrapers do not twist and begin to fall and then suddenly turn into a cloud of dust. Show them, as Griffin has done so well on the topic of 9/11, how the cover-up has been handled.

They haven't done their homework; do it for them.

They are in denial; be gentle, and explain that lots of others have been as well, and that it is a natural reaction to disbelieve the horror of it. One thing that has helped in one personal case is that, as time has evolved, events have shown an emerging truth; when your predictions as an observer of deep politics start to come true, they start to give you a little more credibility.

Begin to unplug from the system, and show others how to stop giving 'them' the attention, energy, funds and support they need.

As Fitts would say, starve the tapeworm.

Welcome Ed.
I too have been at this a very long time and with the same results, in most cases. People are in denial because they want to be. One example: In 1986 I was a partner in a small law firm in W. Newton Ma. One evening I had dinner with the owner of the firm and brought him back to my home to watch a JFK assassination documentary "The Killing of JFK". H. was very intrigued, mind blown, and emotional asking "what are we going to DO about this? But the next morning at the office it was as if the evening before had not occurred. This has mostly been my experience. People will listen patiently, (eyes rolled), or read something short, or even ONE book but its rare the person becomes concerned with historical truth and justice. I have been trying with my college best friend since 1973 who still calls it "YOUR truth" Denial beyond the pale. And he adored JFK. Discussing 9-11, or CIA ownership of the press (eg) is met with derision.
Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 27-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 27-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Mark Stapleton - 27-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 28-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 28-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 01-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Dawn Meredith - 27-05-2009, 12:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whackjob Conspiracy Theorists Kill and Maim Millions… Paul Rigby 7 7,730 16-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt