Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC stations reveal nuclear workers suffering severe brain damage and more

NBC stations reveal nuclear workers suffering severe brain damage Toxic waste raining down from sky, wore baseball caps for protection Brains being eaten away, teeth falling out Workers raising safety issues framed using false evidence, fired Gov't agency not allowed in to investigate (VIDEO)

[TABLE]
[TR="class: alt"]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
Published: June 6th, 2014 at 5:30 pm ET
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
NBC Right Now, Apr. 30, 2014: Former Hanford Worker Sick from Nuclear Waste
  • Jane Sander, reporter: A nuclear waste spill happened hours before at the tank farm.
  • Lonnie Poteet, Hanford worker: I was already burning from my glove line to my t-shirt line and… starting to lose a little bit of vision in my right eye… Why didn't they say something?
  • Sander: Poteet describes living his life now as recluse… sharp pains in his head, they cause him to often twitch. He says medication prevents him from collapsing in pain due to severe nerve damage in his brain.
    [Image: email_famfamfam.png] Email Article
    196 comments
    Tweet

• Poteet: [More Hanford workers] are going to be exposed to the same situation… Nobody is going to do anything to stop it… As long as there's profit… and they get their bonuses on a decent time, that's all they care about… Most of the workers onsite right now are running scared. They will not bring up any safety concerns because as soon as you do, you're going to be labeled and thrown off the site, just as fast as they can go. They'll either create stuff that never happened, or they'll find ways to get you.
  • Watch the broadcast here
NBC Right Now, June 5, 2014: Sick Former Hanford Worker Speaks Out
  • Jane Sander, reporter: He sadly lives his life with a deadly disease…
  • Lawrence Rouse, Hanford worker: I have toxic encephalopathy… it eats your brain away.
  • Sander: Near the end of his almost 20 years at Hanford… he began to develop severe symptoms. Stuttering, memory loss, losing teeth…emotionally unstable…violent outbursts.
  • Rouse: [My son] wrote this letter, this little poem, and said that his dad is gone… It would rain the chemicals on you from the stack. That's why we wore the baseball caps.
  • Sander: The Washington Dept. of Labor and DOE denied [compensation]… Since the [EEOICPA] program began in 2001, they've paid more than $1 billion in compensation and medical bills to [6,936 Hanford] workers…
  • Rouse: DOE has always denied everything. And that's not going to change.
  • Sander: More Hanford workers continue to file claims for their illnesses.
KING 5 Seattle (NBC), June 4, 2014: It's an unprecedented series of workplace accidents in the state. Since mid-March the number Hanford workers seeking medical help after breathing in chemical vapors has risen to 34.
  • Susannah Frame, reporter: Vapors causing serious illnes
    [Image: email_famfamfam.png] Email Article
    196 comments
    Tweet
    ses at Hanford is not new… at the most contaminated workplace in the nation, OSHA can't get past the gates to investigate.
  • Diana Gegg, Hanford worker: It's turned my life upside down.
  • Frame: Brain damage, sudden tremors, vision loss, dementia Illnesses the gov't admits were caused by exposure… she can't go out without a wheelchair, cook, or drive.
http://enenews.com/nbc-stations-reveal-n...ing-safety
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
NBC stations reveal nuclear workers suffering severe brain damage and more - by Magda Hassan - 13-06-2014, 05:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thousands evacuate as Fukishima nuclear emergency is declared Magda Hassan 371 125,636 23-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Radioactive Sludge Continues to Leak at Nuclear Site, Posing 'Unacceptable Threat' Keith Millea 8 12,255 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Mystery radiation sweeping across Europe: UN nuclear agency mystified by soaring levels Magda Hassan 0 3,022 19-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  French nuclear waste plant rocked by explosion Magda Hassan 3 6,129 14-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Failed Safety Culture at Nuclear Waste Site Ed Jewett 0 2,634 21-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Airspace Over Flooded Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Still Closed Bernice Moore 2 3,707 17-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  Tritium Hot Zone Expands Around Vermont Nuclear Plant Magda Hassan 4 4,319 18-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett