Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunkirk
I'm looking as deeply as I know how and where into what really happened at the Battle of Dunkirk the beginning of WW 2, and I got to thinking it might be an interesting topic to bring up here. For starters I'm not seeing any "good guys" in this war, and it doesn't take a whole lot of open minded scratching below the surface to see how preposterous the propaganda was all around.

What bothered me concerning Dunkirk was Hitler's inexplicable decision to pause his armor for approximately 2 1/2 days, right when he had his life long dream of a united German empire squarely in his clutches. I'm sure the supply lines WERE stretched rather thin at this critical juncture, the men were tired, equipment needing maintenance, boggy terrain, etc.. But, since when in military strategy, when you have your foot on your enemy's throat, do you not follow through and crush it anyway?

I'm having a real tough time finding where Hitler ever had designs on England at any time (much less the U.S.), especially as he had his sights set east and not west. It's not so difficult at all though to find him singing the praises of England, and that they should join together in the empire business. If this is what he really wanted, then of course he's not going to crush those 350,000 helpless soldiers on the beach and in the harbor. You wouldn't do that to someone you thought would make an ideal ally would you?

Now I don't know if this is really true or not, but it sure looks that way. At the very least it makes a lot more sense than the British story of the "Miracle at Dunkirk". So what I'm looking for here is anyone else who may have looked into this, who maybe has some tips on other places to do some digging around. I've read enough of "Mein Kampf" to know of Hitler's mindset (at least in the 20's), William Shirer's "Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich" certainly has some good stuff, and David Irving claims to have in his possession original documents to back up what he's saying, but I've yet to see them.

All I'm looking for here is the truth, not to prove my assumptions correct. So, what's a good direction for further follow up on this?

Thanks,

Fred
"FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE, WHEREVER IT LEADS" SOCRATES

Messages In This Thread
Dunkirk - by Fred Steeves - 22-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Dunkirk - by Tracy Riddle - 22-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Dunkirk - by Drew Phipps - 22-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Dunkirk - by Fred Steeves - 22-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Dunkirk - by David Guyatt - 25-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Dunkirk - by Drew Phipps - 25-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Dunkirk - by Fred Steeves - 26-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Dunkirk - by David Guyatt - 27-06-2014, 07:07 AM