Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Secretary demands sweeping new powers to ban extremists.
Magda Hassan Wrote:I can see where this is going. Netanyahu is also trying to link ISIS with Palestinians (Hamas) There will only be one official meme allowed and no dissent or disagreement allowed. Any one with an independent thought will be taken off to the psych ward for that heretical 'terrorist' thought to be bleached and ironed out by Dr Cass Sunstein.

I remember the cold war well - I even travelled through East Germany to West Berlin at the height of it, quite an eye-opener for the cheerless, drab, grey and terrified east germans I saw as compared to the otherwise contrasting vibrancy and openness of the then west Berlin. What you're describing was the system of suppression that Soviet Russia and East Germany was famed for. Now it's coming to the west.

In the Soviet Union and the East there was a controlled media that required state sanction to run news stories. Everyone was riddled with fear of imminent arrest by the KGB or Stasi.

The differences today are that non sanctioned news stories do run, occasionally, but not often, with liberal doses of "conspiracy theory" thought police unctuousness laced through it - letting readers know it is non sanctioned and thus open to ridicule and to be ignored. But that the whole truth is a dangerous thing and is not permitted.

Things in this respect are clearly getting worse and worse for us in the west.

But there is hope, I think, because tactics of this type and character always manifest towards the end game of a crumbling society, where the hidebound ones know of no other way to respond to the changes taking place around them.

That's my hope anyway.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Home Secretary demands sweeping new powers to ban extremists. - by David Guyatt - 01-10-2014, 08:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empire Hits Home - TRUE American / World History Peter Lemkin 0 2,884 27-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Latinos are doing it for themselves. Yankee stay home. Magda Hassan 1 3,259 25-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Peter Presland