Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them
Samsung has apparently published directions on how to turn the voice collection stuff off, and it's only for TV's that allow "voice control" anyhow, for all those tech heads that can't be bothered to locate the remote and/or push a button (or walk across the room to turn it off - yes I am that old).

I have a Samsung, and plan to continue to watch it, using my remote control device, and yes, that means I'll have to spend precious seconds of my life look for it from time to time.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them - by Drew Phipps - 10-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Big Media Do In Sanders? - Avoiding the Dodgy "C" word David Guyatt 0 4,696 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt