Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them
What strikes me as the odd part [sinister really] is the idea to send any data whatsoever from the TV and out of the home to some 'third party'. How does it do that? Using what technology - internet, phone line, mobile-type service, other? It doesn't matter, as GCHQ and NSA are tapping ALL UK/US/World data streams, it is automatically vacuumed [hoovered] up. If there were electronics within the TV that could interpret voice and then actuate commands, that would be one thing - but sending it out to what is called a 'third party' [notice that no company/entity is named!] is really sinister, IMHO. As there are chips now in modern high-end appliances of all kinds, this will become pervasive. Most people's homes have already secretly been invaded by their smart phones, webcams, computers and RFID devices - add to that now TVs. The trend is pretty obvious.

Long ago, in Aspen Colorado [a very upscale ski resort] I saw and heard my first talking refrigerator. If the door was not closed properly/fully it would say, 'the door is ajar' and I used to talk back to it saying, 'No, the door is a door - not a jar!' It didn't reply. Now, I suppose the current model would answer back while sending my voice to some voice identification unit at NSA. Perhaps it even has a webcam on it sending an image with the voice. They want to know everything about everyone - and some of us they want to know about even more so. We should all change our first names to Winston.

NSA and GCHQ have long since kept track of everyone's movements by plane, car [license plate readers], movements [TV cameras with facial recognition, and mobile phones], financial transactions [all credit card use - which also gives location], medical, legal and other activities. It was only a matter of time to enter the home. Many police departments in the USA [likely elsewhere] now have a special wall-penetrating radar that can locate where persons are in a home or flat through the walls. They are working on a model that can ID who the person is.

There is little privacy left but between one's ears....that will be the next target!:Confusedhock::
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them - by Peter Lemkin - 11-02-2015, 07:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Big Media Do In Sanders? - Avoiding the Dodgy "C" word David Guyatt 0 4,702 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt