Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFOS - the serious new deep political research topic?
Kara Dellacioppa Wrote:Have you guys taken a look at Levenda's new book The Hitler Legacy? Im only a couple of chapters into it and Ive learned so much about Levenda's life and intelligence connections which before I felt like i had to piece together from various blogs and obscure podcasts trying to figure him out.
Anyway the occult obviously figures heavily in the book...

on another note. Ive never seen Jay Dyer mentioned here before and I just started reading and listening to him a few months ago...

Dyer and Levenda seem to both have murky agendas coming from different places. Sometimes I feel like the whole "deep politics" thing has been come its own upstart industry, especially with the internet, i suppose it always was.. however sometimes when these researchers sounds interesting with good material but beneath the surface, i feel like Im just being sold another ideology or religion.. Ed Opperman is a great interviewer but a total evangelical christian. Levenda is into the occult, lately I feel like Dyer who seems to admire Joseph P Farrell has his heart in the Eastern Orthodox Church, James Corbett is an anti state libertarian. I dont think anything is bad about believing in any of these things, its just when you can tell it skews the research...

btw, Joseph Farrell one time taught at this extremely right wing fundamentalist christian school here where I live in orange county (and to call a school "extreme fundamentalist christian" is saying something because there is a lot of competition here..

anyway I guess i should have started my own thread

meh, Im feeling cynical today..

Cynicism is an indispensable tool to smell BS, I think Kara.

As with all such things, the trick - for me anyway - is to generally avoid the personalities (who always seem to develop a bit of a cult following) and just stick to the facts and curiosities and follow those "leads" instead.

Over the decades I've had any number of "Guru's" ( a dreadful word actually) and all ultimately fail because they're flawed humans just like the rest of us, and the lesson I took from this was to use from others what you can to advance your knowledge, understanding and insights. But apart from that you're on your own. Rightly so, I think.

Interesting what you say about Levenda's latest book. His trilogy was a masterpiece - or at least volume one was with much original research that was new to me. Volume two was a rehash, most of which I already knew - and volume 3 generally lost it's way, imo. I always assumed he was deeply involved in the occult even before he outed himself on the subject, just because that sort of thing can't be concealed if you're writing on a subject with some knowledge - but I wasn't aware he was directly involved in intelligence matters? Please let me know when you've finished The Hitler Legacy if it is still worth buying?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
UFOS - the serious new deep political research topic? - by Myra Bronstein - 20-09-2009, 02:54 PM
UFOS - the serious new deep political research topic? - by David Guyatt - 08-03-2016, 09:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anthropogenic Global Climate Chaos is REAL - sadly some in research community deny science Peter Lemkin 0 9,649 30-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Hard-wired: The brain's circuitry for political belief Peter Lemkin 0 8,772 24-12-2016, 12:46 PM
  Obama Interrogation Official Linked to U.S. Mind Control Research Peter Lemkin 1 4,392 06-07-2014, 05:16 PM
  US Military Fund Research into Neuro-Processes to Get People to Change Values Ed Jewett 0 2,225 30-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  OTC: The Risks of Dangerous Research Bernice Moore 0 2,174 19-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Growing body of research says dogs really can smell cancer Magda Hassan 0 2,697 25-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The CIA & the Military’s Mind Control Research Bernice Moore 0 2,804 24-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  .. ONI-Funded Pulsed Microwave Brain Research (“Synthetic Telepathy”) .. Ed Jewett 0 3,227 13-07-2011, 01:49 AM
  What's Really Going On at the Israeli Institute for Biological Research? Ed Jewett 0 2,521 26-06-2011, 03:38 AM
  CIA'S PSYCHIC RESEARCH PROPRIETARY MANKIND RESEARCH by AJ Weberman Magda Hassan 5 6,266 07-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan