Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democracy Has Departed The West - and is nowhere to be found
It is pretty clear that the UK and the USA are in step on this....which is following the other is academic and while I have an opinion, that is not important IMO. The question in my mind is 'why now' and 'how to fight it effectively'?
As to the why now, I'm inclined to believe that the real [not necessarily the visible] governing structures of all large nations have always desired undemocratic and complete control, and use every opportunity given to them to consolidate that power. WWI, WWII, the Cold War, nuclear weapons fright, now 'terrorism', along with a host of false-flag operations, phony reasons for wars, boogey men, straw men, lies and propaganda machinery, financial manipulations, along with technological advances that have made complete surveillance and the propaganda easy are the likely reasons for why now. It had a kind of inevitability if the People didn't vigilantly fight against it. It has been a project of the Oligarchy since the Enlightenment and has really made huge gains since the two 'World Wars' and Cold War. Sadly, many other countries are only a few steps behind. China and Russia are very bad too, along with some smaller countries.

So, the big question is what is to be done?! ::dictator::

To me, the most obvious is you can't do anything if you don't see what has happened and the pattern[s] throughout history and nations. Once a nation ceases to become even a representative democracy [which is never a true democracy], voting will do little except on the local level, IMHO....leaving only the mechanisms of 'general strike', general resistance, or revolt/revolution [hopefully peacefully] as the way to return the sovereign to the People. Those in power have a lot of levers they can pull and a lot of repression they can use to attempt to maintain their current 'gains'. We are in a time of what I call neo-Feudalism when I don't call it neo-Fascism.

Fun times these are not. To ignore what is going on will prove fatal to humanity in not too long and to what crumbs remain of democracy very soon...as most of what little we did have before is all but gone by now. The internet and good written analysis on this, along with discussing this with others in person or over the internet, etc. are the ways to find strategies to effect change and roll back the repression and loss of rights. All too many just don't want to have to bother fighting a struggle outside of their own personal lives - I think they simply have no choice if they don't want to live their lives on their knees.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Democracy Has Departed The West - and is nowhere to be found - by Peter Lemkin - 29-09-2015, 06:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voting by Electronic Voting Machine is a JOKE!...on democracy! Peter Lemkin 0 9,854 01-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Its Still The Wild West Shootout In the USA Peter Lemkin 2 10,109 16-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Imperial Death Grip on Democracy David Guyatt 0 3,669 14-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Sphinx 2500 Years Old [or older] Found Offshore From Bahamas Peter Lemkin 11 13,751 02-04-2014, 11:28 AM
  Movement to Legalize Democracy in USA [for the first time]....the film Peter Lemkin 0 3,030 29-01-2014, 10:31 AM
  Conspiracy Theorists Are the Greatest Challenge to Democracy?!? Peter Lemkin 8 10,191 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  World Watches As The American Democracy Breathes Its Last Peter Lemkin 7 6,443 09-10-2013, 07:24 PM
  Carole Waugh (missing oil exec)(body found) Ed Jewett 4 5,082 04-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Cornel West Puts Obama In Proper Perspective!..... Peter Lemkin 7 6,258 25-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  Iranian democracy Tracy Riddle 2 3,817 18-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II