Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sympathetic translation from French...
Magda Hassan Wrote:I thought it was a fair translation actually but I also feel that like many translations it lacks the nuance. It is a beautiful song and sung so beautifully. Life affirming and unifying. The other with in each of us.

Carsten and I will keep looking because no one wants to listen to Liz and Phil the Greek's song over and over....

::laughingdog::

For someone who's paternal family tree is Huguenot, I'm ashamed at my ignorance of the language - although I can get by there with a sly combination of pidgin and chimpanzee - and, of course, mostly because virtually the whole of France (very sensibly) speaks English anyway - bon accord!

But I do very clearly understand the lyrics of the following.

Enough of Frogcaise, already!

I once had a boss who's name was Pat Levy. He said he never really never knew if he was Irish or Jewish.

But he never bought a round in the pub after work...

Maybe he actually was a Highlander? Pat the Scot?

Nah!

But fuck, could he ever dance after a few Jameson's :Blink:

The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
A sympathetic translation from French... - by David Guyatt - 04-12-2015, 11:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shaft and French Connection 1971 Jan Klimkowski 22 17,193 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago