Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tracker
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7805&stc=1]

The relationship of Indigenous people and European 'law' is a long and sad episode of unending injustice. This painting is by my friend Gordon Syron and is called 'Judgement By His Peers'. He could never come to terms with when is was tried for a crime it was not in front of his peers. As a consequence he went to prison for 10 years. He painted this while he was in prison.

You might enjoy these movies David. They both have David Gulpilil in them and are both intriguing. I grew up with these movies and the one you also posted but I don't know how widely they get exposed to overseas audiences. We now have a National Indigenous tv station. Some of the best tv and stories around.
Walkabout

Stormboy.

Attached Files
.jpeg   Judgement by his peers.jpeg (Size: 9.28 KB / Downloads: 8)
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
The Tracker - by David Guyatt - 10-12-2015, 09:24 PM
The Tracker - by Magda Hassan - 11-12-2015, 01:23 AM
The Tracker - by David Guyatt - 11-12-2015, 09:32 AM
The Tracker - by Magda Hassan - 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM