Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wapo throws down the gauntlet
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:When I read the phrase "America's global leadership" I want to puke.
But this is exactly what Hillary will try to deliver to the rest of the world. Ask the Iraqis, ask the Lybians, ask the drone victims, ask all the peoples under a US-sanctioned dictator, basically ask anyone outside the elite circle of America's "friends" what they think of this kind of "leadership".
So true Carsten. I wonder if they are completely blinded to their goals or just don't give a shit what others think?

In my eyes this is a blatant propagada piece initiated by the Clinton camp and aimed against Sanders and Trump. (Compare http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/hi...-ad-218417)
What really angers me is not that Hillary fights with all covert methods available to her, but that all the premises of this piece are so onesided and distorted that it creates a completely fictional image of the true situation. Practically every sentence in it is a lie or an invalid assumption, ignoring and denigrating everybody who questions the American empire. That a text like this can masquerade as a WaPo editorial just shows the complete sellout and the true function as a propaganda outlet of the Washington Post and the nonexistent ethics of Jeff Bezos (not that we needed any confirmation of that). I do not believe for a second that Clinton or Bezos believe anything that is written in this piece, both certainly do not suffer from loss of reality. This is purely directed at people who want the cozy feeling that they are standing on the right "liberal" side, thinking they somehow do good in the world by "leading" the bad guys (rest of the world) in the right direction.
It sounds to me like IS propaganda from the opposite side, "We are the good ones and everybody else has to follow us or die."

I understand your anger and frustration Carsten. Sadly, as you know, the leading western (not just American) press has decided to follow the same propaganda model in respect of news reporting aimed at societal shaping. The democratic model of government has long been abandoned in favour of a small elite running nations that all ultimately align with the USA (hence the EU supporting US demanded sanctions against Russia).

This has been the consequence of a slow - but de facto - coup d'etat that is not entirely dissimilar to the one taking place in Brazil as we speak - because both the US and the EU are enormously and massively corrupt and therefore enrich the few by stealing from the many.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Lauren Johnson - 24-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Magda Hassan - 24-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by David Guyatt - 24-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Tracy Riddle - 24-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Paul Rigby - 24-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Magda Hassan - 24-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by David Guyatt - 25-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Drew Phipps - 25-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Magda Hassan - 25-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Wapo throws down the gauntlet - by Lauren Johnson - 26-05-2016, 02:01 AM