Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Reveals Saudi Treasury Holding for the First Time in 41 Years
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I haven't had a chance to listen to Corbett's show.
I am wondering why the decision to publicise now. Is it meant to put some sort of pressure on the Saudi's by going public? A breaking of the gentlemen's agreement?
Obviously some Saudi insiders would know this information but if I were a regular Saudi I would be furious with the House of Saud hoarding so much money given the bad state of the local economy.

He says that the old petrodollar order is breaking up along with the nice, comfy Saudi-US relationship, and that a new mechanism is being put in place.

For me, the new mechanism is almost certainly the new crack down on offshore tax havens (hence the Panama Papers) and thus forcing the flow of surplus wealth of the world's wealthy to be sent to the 4 US tax haven states that have been prepared in advance for this inflow. In other words, the world's hot money, crook money is now to be used to keep the US dollar afloat. I think it was William Engdahl who recently opined that the US petrodollar hegemony period is being replaced by the US narcodollar hegemony -- and I think this is highly likely.

I recall in a discussion about bitcoins a few months ago how they would be perfect for drug money laundering. Also I watched Deep Web, a documentary about The Silk Road and the man who invented it and is now serving a life sentence. Hmmm. Makes me wonder.

Rather than a gold based or oil based currency, it now may have found the most fiendishly brilliant backing for a currency. The desire for drugs is infinite.

Interesting. With the inevitable move to renewables, even with Kock bothers and a few Sheiks kicking and screaming all the way, they will need another market. Human misery is very profitable. And as you say infinite. I'm sure they still long for the good old days of Claus Barbie in Latin America. It is not enough to have Colombia and Afghanistan. They need free access to Turkey, Syria and the Bequa valley again and to get rid of those pesky democratic lefties in South America. Burma's working out nicely for them too.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
US Reveals Saudi Treasury Holding for the First Time in 41 Years - by Magda Hassan - 08-06-2016, 01:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Four bankers found guilty and jailed for between 4 - 5 1/2 years. David Guyatt 1 5,419 12-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Treasury Minister admits more shocking announcement to come about City banking scandals David Guyatt 2 3,087 05-07-2014, 03:31 AM
  Anyone have any info on Tom Simpson? (Treasury/Fed) Drew Phipps 2 3,158 26-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  More bank manipulation - this time the forex markets David Guyatt 1 2,809 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: "America is going to crash big time" Adele Edisen 1 2,558 24-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  From conspiracy theory to common knowledge - David Stockman, Fmr. Sec. Treasury Dept., interview Adele Edisen 2 3,683 24-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Four US banks hold 95.9% of U.S. derivatives: The $600 Trillion Time Bomb That's Set to Explode Ed Jewett 2 3,825 17-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Top 50 bank holding companies (BHCs) as of 09/30/2011 Magda Hassan 0 5,155 17-10-2011, 12:42 AM
  Plunder The Crime of Our Time Peter Lemkin 0 2,262 11-06-2011, 11:27 AM
  Bernard Madoff's son Mark found hanged - 2 Years to the day! Peter Lemkin 0 2,459 11-12-2010, 08:38 PM