Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylvia Meagher's interview on KPFK, January 1967
I think most people know today that Silvia Meagher was unfair and imbalanced when it came to Jim Garrison.

And the worst part of it was that she never actually looked through his files to see what was there before she issued these attacks. ( The same comparison applies to Tink Thompson and Peter Scott. I won't include Paul Hoch, since I don't consider him a critic anymore after his exposure in the Alvarez affair.)

She essentially swallowed whole the MSM edict on Garrison, and the worst part was that she never found fault with the people or the campaign that was being orchestrated against him. For example, we know now today that the CIA interfered with the legal process to stymie Garrison's extradition requests. Well, Meagher never noted that this was being done at all. And I never saw any piece in which she recognized the evidentiary discoveries that Garrison had made, e.g. Banister and 544 Camp Street, Oswald in the CAP with Ferrie, the Clinton witnesses, Rose Cheramie etc.

In fact, I have it from one personal source that she actually contributed money to Shaw's defense!! So it was alright to be a perjurer as long as it was the JFK case and Garrison. This contributed to a serious falling out between her and Ray Marcus and her and Mark Lane and also her and Margie Field. I have seen the angry letters to her from those first two gentlemen.

It was a serious blemish on an otherwise admirable record. Its one thing to have reservations and sit it out. Its quite another to help the other side. Which, BTW, is what Lifton did also. And I should also mention Summers in this regard. He actually quoted CIA memos that said Roselli met with Garrison in Las Vegas. Without interviewing or unearthing their comments on it. Roselli was questioned by the Church Committee on this and denied it, as did Garrison. So here is another example of a so called critic trusting the CIA as long as its against Garrison. But alas, who knows what Summers thinks today. He actually says its entirely possible the JFK case was a conspiracy.

Oh really Tony. How acute of you.

Messages In This Thread
Sylvia Meagher's interview on KPFK, January 1967 - by Jim DiEugenio - 13-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Victoria Adams Interview By Mort Sahl 1966 Brian Doyle 1 228 05-01-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Oliver Stone interview Milo Reech 0 1,162 27-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  Jeffries' Frazier interview Richard Gilbride 1 1,207 11-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Stunning Interview with Mort Sahl Jim DiEugenio 1 4,785 28-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: James Lewis
  Did Katzenbach ever explain his now infamous memo either in his memoirs or interview? Edwin Ortiz 4 4,299 16-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,746 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
  New interview on Conspiracy Corner News Joseph McBride 0 3,903 26-08-2017, 05:49 AM
  Dan Hardway Interview: Mexico City Jim DiEugenio 1 3,230 09-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Alan Dale's interview with John Newman Anthony Thorne 1 3,561 09-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Thomas Neal
  New podcast interview about Tippit killing Joseph McBride 6 7,405 05-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle