Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistaken Identity
The book Mistaken Identity: What the Warren Commission Did Not Want You to Know is now available on Amazon. If you are interested at all in Harvey & Lee, you want the new information in this book. The author is recuperating from recent open-heart surgery, which prompted his decision to make this available. We had corresponded privately for a couple of years while we were members of Lancer, and with access to the recently-released 1940 census, and the Mormon database, it looks to me that he's hit a genealogical bull's-eye.

I was privileged to receive an advance copy last February, gave him critical feedback, and urged him to publish it as soon as possible. What follows is my book review at Amazon.

Breakthrough Research

This is an indispensable follow-up to John Armstrong's massive Harvey & Lee theory, and the reader should be familiar with that Oswald doppelganger research. The author- drawing on untapped genealogical sources- makes an impressive case that the doppelganger was born to a blood cousin of the historic Lee Harvey Oswald's mother. This information alone- which is breakthrough research- makes this book worth your time.

As a military veteran well-versed in its documentation, and an artist's inductive eye, the author found numerous anomalies that were overlooked by Armstrong and many other researchers- retyped enlistment forms, erasures in the dental records, two distinctive "Oswald" signatures, dates on forms that do not make sense unless- and these led him to conclude that numerous episodes assigned by Armstrong to "Harvey" were actually experienced by "Lee", and vice versa. And that the documentary record indicates enlistments both in Fort Worth and in Florida. And that these lookalike second cousins switched places once one of them had temporarily defected to Russia.

He uses the pen name William Torbitt II and discloses the previously-unknown identity of his predecessor, a lawyer who began circulating an underground conspirators' roster by photocopier in 1970. And that postulated assassination cabal is dispersed sufficiently throughout this work. Along with a detailed knowledge of rifles and ammunition. Along with a detailed knowledge of the controversial coffin-switch theory. But these tangents give the book an uber-conspiratorial tone, tending to complicate the presentation, and detracting from the author's own discoveries.

There are minor mistakes. Some police are misidentified in photos, leading to errors in their possible roles in the larger conspiracy. The case made for yet a 3rd Oswald while over in Russia is not very convincing. And the text has dozens of spelling and grammatical errors- but these are not unmanageable for the reader. It is my understanding that these errors are the result of a learning disorder. Outstanding writing is no guarantee of outstanding research. And the writing here is still quite clear.

Not only is this 500+ page book thick with things to think about, it is filled with photographs & documents- more than 250 of them. My congratulations on some diligent detective work. The author has made some impressive discoveries that are on solid ground and will stand up over time.

Messages In This Thread
Mistaken Identity - by Richard Gilbride - 07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Mistaken Identity - by Anthony Thorne - 07-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Mistaken Identity - by Peter Lemkin - 08-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Mistaken Identity - by Dawn Meredith - 08-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Mistaken Identity - by Richard Gilbride - 10-12-2017, 02:45 AM
Mistaken Identity - by LR Trotter - 02-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MISTAKEN IDENTITY Richard Gilbride 10 369 17-04-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle