Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rootclaim - Estimating the Probability of Conspiracy vs. LHO Acted Alone
Bill Fite Wrote:Hi

I'm interested in the math aspect of the JFK assassination - angles, physics, probabilities, etc.

I've come across an interesting site that assesses the probabilities of competing mutually exclusive hypotheses using a Bayesian approach and crowdsourced evidence.

https://www.rootclaim.com/

If you go to the site you will see that they have assessed probabilities of several interesting and several trivial topics.

If enough people would find a JFK topic interesting, perhaps they would incorporate it and run it through their process.

I'm thinking of suggesting a topic with these hypotheses:

Topic: Was JFK murdered by LHO acting alone or by a conspiracy?

Hypothesis 1: LHO murdered JFK acting alone.

Hypothesis 2: A conspiracy was responsible for the murder. LHO had no knowledge of the conspiracy.

Hypothesis 3: LHO either was a member or infiltrated the conspiracy to murder JFK>

If you go to the site, you can see some of their model results.

Does anyone else think this could be an interesting exercise?

Would you register to 'upvote' it at the site?

-- Anyway you might find the assessments of who is responsible for the chemical attacks in Syria interesting examples.

I think it is a useless and destructive exercise. Things did or did not happen a certain way...and setting L.V. odds on them - which is what you seem to be doing to me is just a way of diversion from seeking the Truth, with a capital T. It doesn't matter if only one person has the correct information/idea/concept on something and 1000 or a million or 100 million think some other alternate version is correct - that one person is the only one who is correct or approximating the Truth - and the 100 million wrong. The number of people or % of people who believe X vs. Y may have some interest, but it says nothing of the veracity of the answer vis-a-vis the Truth....and the Truth can be known and one doesn't have to play dice with it or take bets or odds on it. Sorry, but I find this a very strange notion.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
rootclaim - Estimating the Probability of Conspiracy vs. LHO Acted Alone - by Peter Lemkin - 25-04-2018, 09:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Alt.Conspiracy.JFK Google Group Brian Doyle 0 267 21-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 439 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 562 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 412 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 454 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald Pt. 1 & 2 Gil Jesus 0 421 08-03-2023, 01:28 PM
  JFK Conspiracy for Younger Generations Cliff Varnell 1 2,635 02-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  JFK and Far Right Conspiracy Rhetoric Jim DiEugenio 4 8,944 02-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Fuel for conspiracy theories -- The horror! The horror! Joseph McBride 8 8,364 19-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New interview on Conspiracy Corner News Joseph McBride 0 3,903 26-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride