Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twenty-One Thoughts of Psychedelics
Pete, I have come across many people in the deep political community (for want of a better description) whose eyes have been opened (the scales on their eyes have been knocked off, to use an occult term), either by means of occult based travelling in the Collective Unconscious, or as result of tripping on psychedelics, and/or meaningful and powerful dreams or sequences of such dreams, visions etc etc. Which I find really very interesting.

I have zero experience of psychedelics so the questions I have are a) have you ever had a "bad trip"?, and b) once you've entered the experience can you stop it at will if you wish or need to, or do you have to wait for the substance to wear off? Possibly a daft question I know, but treat me as a child in this chemical matter.

I am aware that Shaman's used spiritual ceremonies to focus the forthcoming trip towards a positive experience, and this makes perfect sense because the CU is vast beyond comprehension and covers everything possible - from the most sublime and beautiful to the most forlorn wastes of depravity and horror.

Someone who is not (or not yet) a well balanced individual can be psychically damaged by experiencing the latter without full preparation. No one but a fool knowingly chances stepping into a minefield in order to take the dog for a brisk morning walk in the countryside - and the same must be true with travelling in the UC and chancing stepping into a psychic minefield.

What's your take?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Twenty-One Thoughts of Psychedelics - by David Guyatt - 11-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any thoughts on the Pale Green Horse? Jack White 2 4,410 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago