Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Rather to Endorse Family of Secrets
Nathaniel Heidenheimer Wrote:I have read the responses but I'm not sure I agree. I dont dispute Rather's role as custodian of the official narrative. Nor do I dispute the idea that Rather is now Lear in Wildnerness to the rest of the Corporate Media. But by completely discrediting him now, what does that do to his earlier role in the official narrative? In other words there may be a cost associated with excessive Rather-bashing. Snag a thread, the sleeve may unravel.

I am far from suggesting that Mr. Baker put all his eggs in that basket. He has lots of other impressive blurbs as well.

It just seems that to me that the public perception of Rather might be more complicated than others think. I think there is a general perception that although Rather got burned, he was somehow set up by a government that was allowed to get away with too much. Because of Rathers role early on in Dallas, I think that the publicity of the Rather v. Bush contraversy might be used to positive effect, while its negative potential-- real as the above posters have outlined-- might be more limited than some think. Its a blurb, and it comes as an interesting time. I am far from suggesting that Russ Baker start using Rather as a major source of new evidence. Besides, I learned recently from researcher Joseph Green that Rather made some comment to the effect of "we really blew it on Dallas" in the year 1993. Does anyone, by the way, have this quote in context? Appreciate the comments, just mulling it over. I am sorry if I am insufficiently Manichean for some, but sometimes to get you book out it's more important to be macheavelian. Of course there are risks with that too, just got to make sure they're smart ones.

Now, if Rather would come 'clean' about Dallas and his role/statements/etc. and back the book...that would be nice.... Given that one can't 'win' with the MSM, I just ignore them and thinking people [the few] will, as well.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Dan Rather to Endorse Family of Secrets - by Peter Lemkin - 29-06-2009, 08:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EXCELLENT Research on LHO & Ruth Hyde Paine [and family] - Linda Minor Peter Lemkin 15 39,220 29-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Our family beat Fidel Castro Scott Kaiser 4 3,571 29-05-2015, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Nixon Secrets, connecting the dots to Kennedy's assassination. Scott Kaiser 14 8,902 30-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Never-before-seen Kennedy family photos Magda Hassan 1 2,450 21-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Jack Walsh, 79, Secret Service agent who guarded JFK’s family Bernice Moore 0 2,329 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Ruby telephones joe „the wop‟ cataldo colombo family mafia underboss Magda Hassan 1 2,979 15-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Ted Kennedy Dead - Taking Many Secrets To Grave With Him. Peter Lemkin 27 12,770 31-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith