Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip Garrido
It is early days yet but some of the things he has said to interviewers has caught my interest in this case. He may be setting the stage for an insanity plea or he may have something quite interesting to say. We have to wait and see.

Sex offender's rambling account

[Image: _46282473_007856642-1.jpg] The California Attorney General website information on Mr Garrido. He gave a rambling interview with KCRA-TV

"In the end, this is going to be a powerful, heart-warming story, one that you're going to be really impressed by."
In almost his first words of a 10-minute telephone interview from jail with KCRA channel in California, Phillip Garrido was eager to paint his situation as one of redemption.
Mr Garrido, 58, and his wife Nancy, 54, are being held in custody in California after the discovery that Jaycee Lee Dugard, who went missing at the age of 11, was alive and had been living in the Garridos' backyard for 18 years.
It emerged that Mr Garrido had fathered two girls with Ms Dugard, the first when she was 14.
Ms Dugard's identity was revealed after Mr Garrido brought her and the two children, now 11 and 15, to an interview with a parole officer. The convicted sex offender had been ordered to attend the interview after being seen in public with the two girls by police officers.
'Very serious'
Mr Garrido, who telephoned KCRA after they requested an interview with him, said he had "not talked with a lawyer yet", but wanted to prepare the media for a story that would make "world news".
Mr Garrido's responses to the questions were often rambling.

He repeatedly referred to a tranche of documents that he had left with the FBI in San Francisco - urging the media to read them.
"These are for you, the media, they have an investigation in them and powerful witnesses concerning my situation. What you will have in your hands will take [sic] world news immediately," he said.
Mr Garrido was asked to talk about the abduction but said he needed to talk to a lawyer.
"I'm so sorry. I've no desire to hold back these things... I don't mean to disappoint you, but I have to do this in an orderly fashion," he said.
'Major trial'
Mr Garrido admitted he was in a "very serious situation", but again stressed the documents would be vital.

"They're going to be part of the trial because this is going to be a major trial," he said, adding that the law enforcement authorities were "really impressed" with the papers.
They would "explain something that humans have not understood well".
He added: "I tell you here's the story of what took place at this house and you're going to be absolutely impressed.
[Image: _46282500_007856820-1.jpg] Psychologists say Ms Dugard could make a good recovery

"It's a disgusting thing that took place with me from the beginning. But I turned my life completely around," he said.
Mr Garrido became emotional only once, when asked if his tale was a "love story".
"No, no. It's a constructive story of turning a person's life around."
His voice faltering, he said: "Having those two girls - they slept in my arms every single night - from birth - I never kissed them, you have to take this a step at a time."
Mr Garrido then again referred to his trial, saying: "You're going to be in a state of shock when you see how many hundreds of thousands of people are going to be coming out of the woodwork to start testifying about something."
He was unclear on the nature of the testimony, but did say: "The federal government will end up being involved."
"Just read the documents."
Unearthly voices
In a blog that purports to have been written by Mr Garrido entitled "Voices Revealed" he writes that he will provide a "wake-up call" that will "include the salvation of the entire world".
In the most recent entry, dating from 14 August, he writes: "The Creator has given me the ability to speak in the tongue of angels".
Calling himself "The Man Who Spoke With His Mind", the writer also refers to mind control and schizophrenia in several entries.
He posts links to empty blog sites entitled "Charging the angels with error" and "Exposed", and to a website called "God's Desire".
He also posts affidavits purportedly signed by people who have witnessed that: "Phillip Garrido [...] clearly demonstrated the ability to control sound with my mind [...] controlling a voice or set of voices that are unearthly in nature".
Part of the declaration includes phrases describing himself as "mature and intelligent" and not displaying "unsuitable, incoherent or improper cognitive behaviour".
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Phillip Garrido - by Magda Hassan - 29-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Phillip Garrido - by Myra Bronstein - 29-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Phillip Garrido - by Keith Millea - 29-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Phillip Garrido - by Magda Hassan - 30-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Phillip Garrido - by Magda Hassan - 30-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Phillip Garrido - by Jan Klimkowski - 30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Phillip Garrido - by Keith Millea - 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM