Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile?
When I was working at a Womens Alcohol Recovery Home, we had a woman from an Indian Reservation. She told me that she had previously been quite ill and her parents took her to several Doctors trying to find out what was wrong with her. Many tests were done and nothing was ever found, So, they went to the Reservation Medicine Man, who talked her into going to "Sweats." If I recall right, it was for several days. Although, she was able to get out for breaks every so often. But it also did make her well. It had been my thoughts that her illness was alcohol related and the sweats cleansed her body from all the alcohol effects. Of course it did not curtail her drinking, so she did end up in the recovery home, but she was just no longer ill as she had been before going to the sweats. At that time, I hadn't much heard about sweats, so that story amazed me. Since then, I have had friends that enjoyed going to the sweats, for whatever reason...but not for me.... I get the heebie-jeebies when in any sort of heat....lol

Dixie

Messages In This Thread
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 22-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Dixie Dea - 22-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Family (Santiniketan Lodge and Ann Hamilton Byrne) Austin Kelley 26 21,734 27-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan