Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile?
Where the hell do I start!I have participated in a number of sweat lodge ceremonies.This is a cleansing ceremony where you sweat out your impurities.Their are four rounds(openings) in which after each,you open the flap and jump in the cold creek.They are certainly HOT,and inside the lodge their is little oxygen.Native Americans have been doing this for centuries.

There were times when I couldn't last the whole four rounds.No problem,I could stop at any time and leave the lodge.I have never heard of a person dying from a sweat lodge.The so called "GURU" here is a fucking con-man.And I might add,I don't think much for people who pay $10,000 for a shamanic weekend.Yeah,take a real sacred ceremony and defile it with big bucks.Maybe the Great Spirit saw the sham and delivered His/Her judgement.Hopefully a court will bring it's judgement down on these fake wannabe Shamans.It's the new hip thing now,ya know.So all you spiritual seekers pull out your wallets and pay the high price for a higher consciousness.:musicus:

Maybe they can sell God too.......

Sweat lodge=lashed willow branches
old plastic sheeting,tarps,or canvas
rocks(preferably lava)

cost=somewhere around nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller

Messages In This Thread
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 22-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Keith Millea - 22-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Family (Santiniketan Lodge and Ann Hamilton Byrne) Austin Kelley 26 21,903 27-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan