Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile?
Dixie,
It was really sad for me to watch these Native Americans try so hard to beat their demons.All night long singing,praying,beat the peyote drum.Then the Mother of all ceremonies,the Sun Dance.Four days of fasting,sweating,dancing,blowing their eagle bone whistles,while attached(pierced) by rope to the Tree of Life.So much strength to do this,and always go back to drinking,beating their wife.SAD,sad indeed.They tried so hard.My ex wife is Native American,but she couldn't use the sweat lodge because heat makes her break out in hives.Is that the heebie-jeebies?

Paul could be right about drugs being in the mixture.The area is pretty close to the peyote grounds.That place is sacred,and nobody should cut the cactus from that sacred place.I'm guessing that peyote wasn't used in this instance,just pure ignorance.:dontknow:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller

Messages In This Thread
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 22-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Keith Millea - 23-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Sedona Arizona sweat lodge deaths--Are Americans too docile? - by Myra Bronstein - 23-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Family (Santiniketan Lodge and Ann Hamilton Byrne) Austin Kelley 26 21,912 27-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan