Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSETI Expedition Yields First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial
Ed Jewett Wrote:Reviewing this thread and the contact protocols reminded me of Episode 13 of Sagan's Cosmos [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmQUMKys8ts ].

It also reminded me of the book by a fellow who has written on the white Doomsday plane over D.C. on 9/11, the book Dimona: The Third Temple?, and one that attracted me: Gnostic Secrets of the Naassenes: The Initiatory Teachings of the Last Supper.

In the latter, he speaks of "the reversal of flow", the Grail, Kundalini energies, shakti yoga, tantric practices, the double helix of DNA, Jung's Aion, the Ophite bowl, the pleroma, the singularity,the bindu and the chakras.

Interestingly, a recent podcast offered up at Electric Politics features an interview with Ellen Langer, a professor in the Psychology Department at Harvard University. Her books written for general and academic readers include Mindfulness, The Power of Mindful Learning, On Becoming An Artist, and Counterclockwise. [I have read the first two.] http://www.ellenlanger.com/about/

"Thinking conventionally about things distances us from ourselves. Instead, argues Dr. Ellen J. Langer, we could be mindful, alive to possibility. Being mindful — Ellen provides a boatload of empirical evidence for this — will improve our physical well-being, make us happier, and extend our longevity. Her latest book, Counterclockwise, tells the story. You should read it. I also happen to think her ideas have a profound application to politics, though we tread lightly on that question in this conversation. It was a pure delight to talk with Ellen and I learned a great deal. Total runtime an hour and one minute." http://www.electricpolitics.com/podcast/20...cal_monism.html

I haven't yet looked at the Ellen Langer video Ed, but was impressed by Sagan's piece. It never ceases to amaze me how archetypes manifest themselves across the length and breadth of the planet, coursing up through the unconscious of different cultures and peoples separated by thousands of miles. The Tingit's Raven God being an example. It has so many pulses, from Odin and Wotan, through to Celtic and, of course, is a symbol par excellence for the shadow. In the below link it is amazing to read that in the Hopi and Navajo native American tribes, that the raven was viewed as having flown out of the darkness of the cosmos and brought with it the light of the sun -- the perfect description of the shadow confrontation. I had to smile that in the Tinget legends, those who looked upon the raven would be turned to stone, which captures the Greek Medusa legend to a tee. And, of course, the stone itself is central to alchemy and grail studies.

And, of course, there are some curious reverberations that directly relate to the strange physics discussed in this thread.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
CSETI Expedition Yields First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial - by David Guyatt - 27-02-2010, 12:54 PM