Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel stations Nuclear Subs near Iran
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:
Quote:The two new Dolphins cost about $650 million each, with Germany picking up a third of the coast, as part of their reparations for World War II atrocities against Jews.
How very humanitarian and altruistic of the Germans to provide nuclear-armed submarines to Israel's Dr Strangelovian leaders as supposed reparation for Nazi death camps.

Not. :evil:

If I owed you a long-unpaid debt, or if you sued me for "damages" in a civil trial and won, and I wrote the check, I would have no say in how you spent the money.

I attribute the evil here not to the source of the money (though I am certainly not excusing or denying the fact that there was evil afoot in Germany then) but to the recipient, whose insane and insatiable lust for "security" is so tragically misplaced by this and many other deeds, policies and actions. I can only think to my signature line from Ike, the book by Alan Watts called "The Wisdom of Insecurity", and my grandkids. The same amount of money spent in a desalinzation plant and irrigation system as a gift to the Palestinians, Jordanians and others in the Eastern Mediterranean cauldron might have provided more security in the long run than twice that kilo-tonnage. There is a calculator somewhere which allows you to plug in a kt number and see the scope and breadth of damage it will create centered on any major city in the US. It shows, of course, only the physical destruction, but not the economic or psychological ripples. Some simple measurements and you could easily transpose those circles of destruction to any place on the globe, and that's just one lil ole warhead. The arms race is no more sustainable than the hunt for cheap oil or the race to find a massively-lethal superBug. We have lost our way. Much of the blame for the 200-kt Dolphin delivery system must be placed at the feet of the American system and its people who do not ask questions; the deeper question is how Israel got that capability in the first place, and who looked (or was made to look) the other way. Some of the targeting data, for example, was 'gleaned' by way of deception.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Israel stations Nuclear Subs near Iran - by Ed Jewett - 16-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,626 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,012 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  Russia equivocates in Syria, Iran is confused and al-Qaeda takes the initiative Lauren Johnson 3 5,306 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Drums of war are beating: Hezbollah versus Israel Lauren Johnson 0 3,247 31-05-2016, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Israel defense minister quits Tracy Riddle 4 5,546 21-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Israel and Saudia Arabia BFF Magda Hassan 8 9,488 10-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Iran announces it will sell it's oil for Euros not Dollars David Guyatt 3 6,199 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM
  The Saudi-Israel question David Guyatt 2 4,570 07-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Lone Wolf terrorists in Israel: Food for thought Drew Phipps 0 3,494 21-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Twisting the Iran Nuke intelligence David Guyatt 0 3,523 12-01-2015, 10:57 AM