Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious
I just read a terrific article about Bob Woodward's new book by Russ Baker and it got me to wondering why Jim Di Eugenio, who I greatly admire and consider a friend , wrote such a scathing review of Russ Baker's wonderful book "Family of Secrets". When I emailed Jim asking questions he did not respond. (Normally he responds to all my email and I have posted his stuff here since we started DPF, at his request).

We in the critical community have for decades been critical of the mainstream media for covering up deep political events, then when a MSM writer like Russ takes on the Bush family and the Kennedy assassination he
is just trashed by Jim D.

Does anyone but me find this disturbing?

I hate how the critical community has been divided so have not ever posted publicly on this because I do not wish to add to the divisions, but ....now that Jim is posting on the "other" forum, I decided to put this question here.

Normally I love Jim's reviews of books and deeply appreciate that he puts such time and thought into them. But this review is both mean, and almost protective of Poppy Bush. Since Jim won't respond to private questions I have decided to ask if I am the only one who was troubled by this particular review. (And I do this with hesitation as I love Jim to death as a person, researcher, writer, and friend. )

Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Dawn Meredith - 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Russ Baker and Jim DiEugenio: most curious - by Myra Bronstein - 02-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease' PROBE CD Jim Hackett II 2 3,510 13-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  Me and Lee Judyth Baker Dawn Meredith 6 5,599 24-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  FTR #730 Interview with Russ Baker Ed Jewett 4 8,827 18-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Virtual JFK: film review by Jim DiEugenio Dawn Meredith 1 3,586 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  In Discussion with Russ Baker Charles Drago 21 12,804 24-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Family Of Secrets :The Bush Family Dynasty by Russ Baker Peter Lemkin 13 11,814 14-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein