Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The people with the endless bios An introduction to the world we live in
"But perhaps it is naive to have expected a thorough investigation. The man is a Privy Councillor. Members of the Privy Council get State papers. They have unique access to what is really going on... But, as Kevin Cahill has pointed out, the Privy Council is at once an information source and a golden gag. You get information on Privy Council terms. You can't talk to anyone about it except other Privy Councillors, a number of whom are core Tories, members of the boards of arms companies and banks closely connected with the Tory government."
- 1995, Gerald James, 'In the public interest', p. 327-328

"In the counsels of Government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Military Industrial Complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."
- January 17, 1961, President Eisenhower's historic farewell address to the Nation. At least one of his military staff members has publicly claimed that Eisenhower found out he was kept out of the loop on certain critical issues by the new Military Industrial complex.

"[The Soviet] challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy."
"We are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control...
No president should fear public scrutiny of his program, for from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary... "
- April 27, 1961, President John F. Kennedy about freedom of the press, Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York

"At that black tie party at the Palm Restaurant on the 4th of December in 1985, I was specifically invited by Neil Livingston and to come in and meet Ollie North, and it was a party to promote Neil Livingston’s book, called "Fighting Back", and the subtitle was "The War on Terrorism". He and a State Department/CIA spook by the name of Terry Arnold wrote that book together and this was the coming-out party for the book, and all the covert operations community, the real snake eaters, were going to be there with black ties. Ollie North was there and Bud McFarland and I don’t know, 75 or 100 people in black ties, having drinks and dinner and hobnobbing and they felt like ... the atmosphere at that party was one of ‘We are the shadow government running the United States.’...
The covert operations subculture and the pyramid system of it is difficult for the average citizen to understand. And I understand it because I saw it, but it’s awfully hard to describe. This stuff goes back to the scandals of the 70s ... of Watergate and Richard Helms, the CIA director, being convicted by Congress of lying to Congress, of Ted Shackley and Tom Clines and Dick Secord and a group of them being forced into retirement as a result of the scandal over Edmond P. Wilson’s training of Libyan terrorists in conjunction with these guys, and moving C-4 explosives to Libya. They decided way back when, ‘75-’76, during the Pike and Church Committee hearings, that the Congress was their enemy. They felt that the government had betrayed them and that they were the real heroes in this country and that the government became their enemy. In the late 70s, in fact, after Gerry Ford lost the election in ’76 to Jimmy Carter, and then these guys became exposed by Stansfield Turner and crowd for whatever reason ... there were different factions involved in all this stuff, and power plays ... Ted Shackley and Vernon Walters and Frank Carlucci and Ving West and a group of these guys used to have park-bench meetings in the late 70s in McClean, Virginia so nobody could overhear they conversations. They basically said, "With our expertise at placing dictators in power," I’m almost quoting verbatim one of their comments, "why don’t we treat the United States like the world’s biggest banana republic and take it over?" And the first thing they had to do was to get their man in the White House, and that was George Bush.
Reagan never really was the president. He was the front man. They selected a guy that had charisma, who was popular, and just a good old boy, but they got George Bush in there to actually run the White House. They’d let Ronald Reagan and Nancy out of the closet and let them make a speech and run them up the flagpole and salute them and put them back in the closet while these spooks ran the White House. They made sure that George Bush was the chairman of each of the critical committees involving these covert operations things.
This crowd really believes that the unwashed masses are ignorant, that we are people who are not capable of governing ourselves, that we need this elitist group to control the country, and the world -- these guys have expanded. They look at the United States not as a country, not in any kind of patriotic mode now, but they look on it as a state within a world that they control. And that’s this attitude that they have. They’re not unlike any other megalomaniac in the world. They’re nutty as fruitcake, but they’ve got distinguished gray hair, three-piece dark suits and they carry briefcases, and they’ll stand up and make speeches just as articulate as anybody in the world, but they don’t socialize and function outside their own little clique. My experience with them is that they could be certified as criminally insane and put away in a rubber room and have the key thrown away. That’s how dangerous they are. But they’re powerful, and they’re educated. And that makes them twice as dangerous. And that’s basically what’s running the world right now.
If I had not been part of this, and hadn’t seen it first hand, I would not believe a word I’m saying. "
- January 4, 2002, Gene Wheaton, an intelligence insider and whistleblower during Iran-Contra, during an interview by Matt Ehling on Declassified Radio

"Marchetti explained that there are basically three kinds of purportedly private organizations that the CIA relies on in its work. One kind is known as a CIA proprietary - a concern that has been designed to provide some service wanted by the CIA, and is secretly wholly owned by the CIA itself while disguised to appear in public to be a private business. Obviously the CIA hires and could fire the heads of such businesses... [Yet] John Marks [Marchetti coauthor], says: "For all practical purposes, the proprietors conduct their own financial affairs with a minimum of oversight from CIA headquarters. Only when a proprietary is in need of funds for, say, expansion of its fleet of planes, does it request agency money. Otherwise, it is free to use its profits in any way it sees fit. In this atmosphere, the proproetaries tend to take on lives of their own, and several have grown to big and too independent to be either controlled from or dissolved by headquarters." Paul Helliwell's old Sea Supply Corporation was such a company. Other proprietaries numbered a whole gaggle of CIA-owned airlines, including some in the United States whose growth into the domestic freight market threatened the existence of some free-market competitors."
"A second kind of operation, Marchetti has said, is a "front," an organization whose purported business is a sham, kept in place to provide a cover for other activities. Like the little cargo-expediting companies set up by members of Naval Task Force 157, it offers a place for agents to get mail or phone calls, and provides an answer to otherwise embarrassing questions like, "What are you doing here?" Fronts are less tightly controlled than proprietaries..."
"But, as Marchetti explained on Australian radio October 25, 1980, in the wake of the Nugan Hand scandal, "There's a third kind of organization which is really an independent organization, but is closely allied to the CIA, not only in ideology but because many of the people who work for it are ex-CIA people. They have mutual goals in some instances, or at least their goals run parallel in some instances. On the other hand, they operate independently... This is like Interarms Company [the largest private arms dealer of the time]... Of course it's an independent organization but it's run by a former CIA man, [Samuel] Cummings, and he does favors, or he used to do favors, for the agency and vice versa."..."
[On the Australian radio show Marchetti also said] "Bissell was making a point that proprietaries were a very dangerous instrument, they're hard to control, they're easy to be exposed. He was advocating the use of private institutions, and he meant not only independent little operations that would get started and grow into something big, but also banks and other business corporations that had offices overseas, and working through them, putting people into them, and putting... people from other countries in as cutouts and agents for the CIA..""
"Victor Marchetti: "If Nugan Hand is what it seems to be, this is just one of the kinds of organizations that Bissell would advocate as being used to facilitate operations overseas. He probably would prefer to be working through First National City Bank, or Chase Manhattan, or something like that, because there it's almost impossible to penetrate the cover. But Nugan Hand, here you have all these CIA people associated with it.""
- 1987, Wall Street Journal reporter Jonathan Kwitney, 'The Crimes of Patriots', p. 120- 122

"Powerful and secretive, the group which dictated the whole covert policy drew its membership less from among elected politicians, than civil servants, particularly the Cabinet Office, and from Intelligence circles, industry and the City, the very forces which brought Mrs Thatcher to power. Some elected are nonetheless allied to the group, where political position or some area of mutual interest - the City, the Middle East - suggest it would prove beneficial. Jonathan Aitken [once head of Le Cercle] was someone who fitted into the latter category, not a member of the inner sanctum exactly, though he very much wanted to be... [James had done business with Aitken] "
"Whether Margaret Thatcher was herself at the real centre of power as the leader of this inner group cannot be said for certain. However, she was more concerned for the group's freedom to act than any other prime minister in history."
"The cabal needs the City to finance its deals and launder its funds... The passasge of officers from British Intelligence to the City is a common enough occurrence and, as we have seen in the case of Sir John Cuckney (ex-MI5) and the crash of the Liverpool Docks, where there are political overtones involved, such men are especially welcome... Once in a City position, these men maintain their Intelligence connections. That is the purpose. Ideally, like Cuckney again, they build up political connections. It is this mixture of City, Intelligence and politics that constituted the profile of the cabal."
"Firms like Kleinwort Benson, where George Kennedy Young worked after retiring as deputy head of MI6, and Morgan Grenfell have had their Intelligence associations for years, as have Hambros, Schroeders, Rothschilds and Barings... Peter Middleton, chief executive of Lloyds of London, came out of the Foreign Office and MI6, and has worked for the International Division of Midland Bank [played a central role in the Iraq arms trade]..."
"If you are in the senior echelons of the civil service, the City and Intelligence, you are above the law, you are all powerful... It is clear, if you read the transcripts of the Scott Inquiry, so far as it relates to people like Geoffrey Howe, Sir Stephen Egerton, David Gore-Booth of the Foreign Office and the rest of them, you will see that this attitude comes out very clearly: 'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men' and clearly don't apply to the likes of them. 'We are on a totally different stratum, old boy. We are the elite. We can call up the resources of the establishment, whether it is the judiciary or the police or the Customs or the Inland Revenue and we'll slam anybody on the head whom we don't like or who doesn't conform to our view of society. And that applies even to your elected representatives. We'll deal with them the same if need be.'..."
"Years later I bumped into Peter Shore [important politician and Privy Council member] in the changing rooms of the Roehampton Club... What I actually said to Shore was, 'Why has the main witness not been interviewed [in the Pergau Dam/ Malaysian arms deal affair]?' Shore, assuming that I meant Thatcher, began to reply - 'It's her prerogative as Prime Minister..." When I interrupted, telling him I meant Kock [MI6, SAS, at Midland Bank; the UK's primary "official" arms dealer under Thatcher; alleged former assassin], Shore's telling response was, 'But that is another level of government altogether.'"
- 1995, Gerald James, 'In the Public Interest', p. 121, 124, 126-127, 140, 160. James used be a banker at Barings, a member of the highly influential Monday Club, and all his career moved in very high intelligence and financial circles. In the late 1980s his company was among those picked by "the cabal" to be sacrificed in the Iraqgate scandal in order to protect the real movers and shakers.

"Stephen Dorril tells us that when, in July 1961, Cabinet Secretary Norman Brook failed to pass to the Prime Minister information about War Minister John Profumo's affair with Christine Keeler (a friend of KGB officer Eugene Ivanov), 'Harold Wilson stumbled on a crucial secret, namely the fact that the Cabinet Office, not the Prime Minister's office, had overall control of the security service and, crucially, the overall flow of information': putting the real power into the hands of permanent government rather than elected government."
"Intelligence about arms comes from intercepted communications, MI6 agents and informers, embassy officials, and arms dealers. Robin Robison, former administrative officer for the Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC) responsible for disseminating that information, has put on record that GCHQ [British NSA] arms-deal information goes via JIC to the Bank of England, the DTI, FCO, MoD and ECGD, but is rarely passed into the parliamentary arena. Robinson's job was to sift through transcripts of bugged telephone calls and other intercepted material for inclusion in JIC's 'Red Book' before its distribution."
"'Although the Director-General [MI5] has a right to direct access to the Prime Minister, he does not lightly go over the heads of permanent under-secretaries for fear of creating future problems,' writes one former intelligence officer. Ex-Deputy Chief of MI6, George Kennedy Young [whom Gerald James knew well], admitted that, when it comes keeping the Prime Minister informed, the Cabinet Secretary may conveniently fail to find an 'oppertune moment' to pass the baton of power from permanent to elected government."
"Dorril and Ramsay quote another security source saying that the Home Secretary 'hasn't got a clue what is going on. If he comes around, you lock away any sensitive files and set up a display file specifically for him to look at - a spoof file on some imaginary subversive with lots of exciting material in it. He's not going to know any better.'"
"... Again, every week the Queen receives JIC reports while our own ministers remain relatively in the dark. We are told that Her Majesty makes useful comments on these, and it may be that her comments are more useful than those that might be forthcoming from ministers, but I believe that many ordinary people, brainwashed by the tabloids into thinking that the purpose of the Royal Family is to offer entertainment along the lines of soap opera, would be surprised to learn about this system of disbursement of vital information to government..."
"If most Prime Ministers take up office without much or indeed any knowledge of the security services, in Thatcher's case she was briefed by people associated with Brian Crozier's [former head of Le Cercle] Institute for the Study of Conflict even as leader of the Opposition during Jim Callaghan's government... she was the first Prime Minister to insist that she sit in on the highly secret Joint Intelligence Committee meetings."
- 1995, Gerald James, 'In the Public Interest', p. 128-130. James used be a banker at Barings, a member of the highly influential Monday Club, and all his career moved in very high intelligence and financial circles. In the late 1980s his company was among those picked by "the cabal" to be sacrificed in the Iraqgate scandal in order to protect the real movers and shakers.

[Queen:] "Nobody, Paul has been as close to a member of my family as you have... There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge."
[Paul:] "She wanted me to make sure my wife Maria and children remained safe. It was not a threat, it was sound advice. She had my interests at heart…No-one had never warned me like that. It made me suddenly realize the magnitude of the situation. It was obviously much, much bigger than I had ever thought."
- Queen Elizabeth II to Paul Burrell in a 3-hour talk at Buckingham Palace, [size=12][B]November 1997. Burrell was Diana's Butler for the 10 years prior to her death. Reported in an interview with the Daily Mirror, November 6, 2002. The Mirror also wrote the story 'Shadows that Haunt the Queen' on the same day in which they wondered what the queen ment with this statement. [/B][/SIZE]

"Well, the British establishment was a very close-knit society. People used to know each other. You were born; you were put down for equal... It was a structured society, centering around the [royal] court; which meant something: It was a cradle to grave dependence on and relationship with the monarchy. What you might generally call nepotism, even corruption, was far from that mind [inaudible]; they didn't think they were nepotistic or corrupt; it's the normal thing to do."
- Lord Weidenfeld, publisher and friend of prime minister Harold Wilson. Weidenfeld made these comments in the 2005 BBC documentary 'The Plot Against Harold Wilson', which investigated the ousting of Harold Wilson by the British establishment in 1976. Lord Donoghue, once Wilson's senior policy advisor, added:
"Wilson was opposed to the London establishment running things... he thought they were inefficient, incompetent, as well as privileged."

"[Special Branch] came to tell [Wilson] how they bugged everyone in the union and how they got tape recordings and would he like copies... little men in black boots would come through quite regularly... Their [MI5's] fears were justified, in that the communists have never succeeded in winning an election. They've always gone into the unions and had fairly successful infiltration in that way. That's not what frightens me. What worries me is the people who do become frightened of that and then they think something very scary is happening and take action on it. If you took all that too seriously and acted on it, then you would make a right wing regime happen in a very short time."
- Harold Wilson's secretary, Baroness Marcia Falkender, to the two BBC journalists that had been approached by Wilson after his resignation. This comment can be heard in the 2005 BBC documentary 'The Plot Against Harold Wilson'.

"The known history of civilization is merely the visible part of the iceberg. There is a shadow economy, shadow politics and also a shadow history, known to conspirologists. There are forces acting in the world, unstoppable for countries and even continents."
"There are international "super-state" and "super-government" groups. In accordance with tradition, the mystical and religious components play extremely important roles in human history. One must take into account the shadow economy, shadow politics and the religious component, while predicting the development of the present financial situation."
"Shadow financial activities of 300 trillion [not billion?] dollar are hanging over the planet. At any moment, they could fall on any stock exchange and cause panic and a crash."
"The U.S. has been chosen as the object of financial attack because the financial center of the planet is located there. The effect will be maximal. The strike waves of economic crisis will spread over the planet instantly and will remind us of the blast of a huge nuclear bomb."
"President Putin and the Russian Central Bank are already taking the necessary healthy measures. There are high chances that after 19 August the ruble will become a very good currency... Some fluctuation in this date is possible. Serious forces are acting against those who are now preparing the attack on the United States. August, with very high probability, will bring the financial catastrophe to the U.S."
- July 12, 2001, Dr. Tatyana Koryagina to Pravda (page one). She is a senior research fellow at the Institute of Macroeconomic Researches subordinated to Russian Ministry of Economic Development (Minekonom). She is reportedly close to President Putin's inner circle. The interview was reported and translated by Newsmax's Dr. Alexandr Nemets, September 17, 2001. Nemets noticed there were many similar reports circulating in Russia since July. He also remarked that immediately after 911 the dollar exchange rate in Moscow street exchanges fell from 29 rubles to 15-20 rubles, which was greater than anywhere else in the world: "as if the Moscow financial experts had awaited the strikes or expected greater panic and collapse."

"German computer experts are working around the clock to unlock the truth behind an unexplained surge in financial transactions made just before two hijacked planes crashed into New York's World Trade Center Sept. 11."
"Richard Wagner, a data retrieval expert at the company, said illegal transfers of more than $100 million might have been made immediately before and during the disaster."
"There is a suspicion that some people had advance knowledge of the approximate time of the plane crashes in order to move out amounts exceeding $100 million," Wagner said. "They thought that the records of their transactions could not be traced after the main frames were destroyed."
- September, 18, 2001, BBC

"The Chicago Board Options Exchange, the biggest U.S. options market, said Tuesday it is investigating trading before terrorist attacks that flattened New York's World Trade Center and damaged the Pentagon."
"Trading in some so-called put options, which rise in value when stock prices fall, surged as much as 285 times the previous average volume in UAL Corp. and AMR Corp., parent companies of United and American Airlines, during the days before terrorists used hijacked United and American jets as weapons against the center's twin towers and the Pentagon."
"Options volume also jumped at some insurers and at brokerages affected by the attacks. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co., which occupied 22 floors of the 110-story 2 World Trade Center, experienced pre-attack trading of some put options that was more than 25 times the usual volume."
- Chicago Sun-Times, September 19, 2001. One of a few dozen similar news articles.

“There exists a shadowy Government with its own Air Force, its own Navy, its own fundraising mechanism, and the ability to pursue its own ideas of national interest, free from all checks and balances, and free from the law itself."
- Senator Daniel K. Inouye during the Iran-Contra hearings.

“Yes, yes, there are powerful elites yes, still…for example…everybody knows who’s calling the shots in the CDA [leading political party in the Netherlands]. That are only 2,3,4,5,6 people… above all, one is loyal…others are being judged if they can behave themselves a little bit; if they can rise in the hierarchy…most are only concerned with ‘what do the leaders think of me?’…People leave no opportunities open to denigrate a fellow party member. But of course you’ll find that in other areas as well…newspapers, tv, the justice department…very little about it is independent.”
- 2003, Bram Peper, former Dutch Minister of Internal Affairs and former Mayor of Rotterdam. This statement was made in the Dutch documentary 'het grote complot'. During this interview he also mentioned the ERT, an organization I had never heard of until that moment.

"At this moment, the people in power, the involved ministers, usually together with the party leaders, are discussing beforehand how they are going to behave during their public debate, without any one of the other party members being present at that time. Usually it even goes as far that they are discussing the ‘probable' proposals of the opposition, which ones are acceptable and which ones are not. Also… how every party can remain in the debate without being humiliated. Most of the time it is already arranged which party can enforce something from the government… there is very little room for individual action. "
- 2003, Dries van Agt. Among other things, he was a Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Justice, head of the CDA (major political party), and Vice-Prime Minister of the Netherlands. This statement was made in the Dutch documentary 'het grote complot'.

"Societies do not usually lose their freedom at a blow. They give it up bit by bit, letting themselves be tied down with an infinity of little knots. As rules and regulations increase, their range of action is gradually compressed. Their options slowly lessen. Without noticing the change, they become wards of the state. They still imagine themselves free, but in a thousand and one ways, their choices are limited and guided by the authorities. And always, there are what seem to be sensible reasons for letting their autonomy be peeled away: "Safety." "Health." "Social justice." "Equal opportunity."
"It is easy to grow accustomed to docility. That is why eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. Not because liberty is easy to shatter. But because it can be softened and dismantled with the acquiescence of the very men and women from whom it is being stolen."
- November 12, 1998, Jeff Jacoby in his Boston Globe column.

"Well, er, I think all this is very, er, one sided propaganda. [long break] Much more so then with the first Gulf war."
- March 2003, Wim Duisenberg, at that moment still president of the European Central Bank, gives his opinion about US media coverage of Gulf War II. He does this 'privately' after a (Dutch) Tegenlicht documentary producer asks his opinion about a US media station he's watching. Duisenberg was (he died in 2005) married to Gretta Duisenberg, a very controversial opponent of what she terms the "Jewish lobby." She claims Bush does not dare to stand up to them, just as many other international politicians. Among other things, in 2002, she hung out a large Palestinian flag out of her balcony, right in the middle of a wealthy Jewish neighborhood. In no time, Duisenberg, who always quietly supported his wife, was forced to take it down due to all the death threats the pair received. Former high level politician Dries van Agt is one her supporters. Today she is less prominent after her husband stepped down from the ECB presidency and subsequently died 2 years later.

"We Chinese will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the cities east of Xian... Of course, the Americans will have to be prepared that hundreds of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese."
- July 16, 2005, The Guardian, 'Chinese general warns of nuclear risk to US'. The quote is from the Chinese major general Zhu Chenghu. Even after many warnings like this, the globalist group in the US, headed by David Rockefeller and Pete Peterson, is still working on expanding the economic ties with China.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
The people with the endless bios An introduction to the world we live in - by Magda Hassan - 08-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Globalizatiuon and the World Social Forum Adele Edisen 0 99,944 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: