Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huffpo is getting quite troubling
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-wa...02902.html

The above is another example of the disinfo Arianna is allowing on both who JFK was and the facts of the assassination.

A few days ago she allowed Shermer on, and now this.

I directly replied to Walter with this:

"Is this supposed to be your reaction to the growing popularity of the Jim Douglass book, "JFK and the Unspeakable" and Oliver Stone's endorsement of it on this same site?

If so, you really show a lack of knowledge of modern history. Just consider:

1. Once Kennedy was inaugurated, he proposed a peaceful solution to the Congo crisis that would include the freeing of Lumumba. What he did not know was that Dulles had already speeded up his assassination, once JFK won the election, since he knew this would happen. There is a famous picture by Jacques Lowe taken of JFK's face contorted in agony when he got the news of Lumumba's death.

2. With everyone in the room urging him to militarily intervene at the Bay of Pigs, Kennedy refused. Even though Nixon told him to send in the Navy. In other words, if Nixon had won the election, Cuba would be an American colony today. Instead, he launched his own inquiry, and it confirmed that the CIA had lied to him. They knew the invasion could not succeed without American forces. (Dulles later admitted this through his own handwritten notes in an article called "The Confessions of Allen Dulles".) Kennedy then decided to fire the top level of the CIA, Dulles, Cabell, Bissell. And he tried to take control of it through his brother. Something no other president before or since has done.

3. In 1961, with the Pentagon urging him to use military force, he concluded a peaceful resolution to the Laos Crisis. Which Eisenhower told him was the worst situation facing him.

4. Also in 1961, with everyone urging him to send in Marines, Kennedy rejected at least nine different attempts to do so, and instead sent in more advisers to Vietnam. At the time of his assassination, there was not one more Marine in Vietnam than when he was elected. And he was in the process of withdrawing the advisers. Within four months LBJ reversed this completely and requested an order of battle from the military to bomb, and invade Vietnam.

Keep on misinforming the public. I hope you don't teach the film "JFK" in your classes. I can imagine...."

Jim DiEugenio

Morrow posted the first half, without my attack on Walter's knowledge, in the comments section.

And this is supposed to be a liberal blog.

Messages In This Thread
Huffpo is getting quite troubling - by Jim DiEugenio - 01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Huffpo is getting quite troubling - by Alan Dale - 01-01-2011, 11:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HuffPo and NYT--CTs at last!!!* Richard Coleman 2 2,578 07-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan