Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Worry, The US Prisons Are In Good Hands....ha, ha, ha, ha!
Jan, a big part of the problem that I forgot to mention is what I refer to as the dreaded "uniform disease". It happens when people who aren't used to having power over other people are suddenly granted a uniform and turn into God...or something like that. I partially attribute the spread of this disease to the TV show "Oz", wherby many new officers come into the system thinking that that's what prisons are really like. And then when it isn't, they tend to try to make it that way, usually resulting in unnecessary uses of force and the eventual loss of their jobs.

And lest I forget, the disease tends to make some of the weaker-minded people who get it show a total lack of respect for anyone, especially an offender, who doesn't wear that exact same uniform, and even some who do. What they tend to forget is: There but for the grace of God go I, especially in this society.
"Logic is all there is, and all there is must be logical."

"Truth is logic, and logic is truth."

"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on." - William S. Burroughs

Messages In This Thread
Don't Worry, The US Prisons Are In Good Hands....ha, ha, ha, ha! - by James Lewis - 11-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court hands Monsanto victory over farmers on GMO patents! Peter Lemkin 7 4,442 15-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Casson: Even head of Italian secret service arrested in Operation Clean Hands. Magda Hassan 1 2,681 16-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  A Book About the GOOD People - those who did the right thing when others were not! Peter Lemkin 0 3,333 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  America's Secret Prisons Ed Jewett 0 2,779 22-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  A good news story. Activists against UK arms factory Found Not Guilty Magda Hassan 1 3,341 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski