Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-Flotilla video fraud linked to PM Netanyahu’s office, official Israeli hasbara agents
Anti-Flotilla video fraud linked to PM Netanyahu's office, official Israeli hasbara agents

On 06.24.11, By Max

[Image: guyseemann.png]What is Netanyahu aide Guy Seemann's role in the anti-flotilla pinkwashing hoax?

As the new Free Gaza flotilla prepares to sail to Gaza, a suspicious video has emerged by an unknown "gay rights activist" claiming that he was rejected by the flotilla activists because of his sexuality. The anonymous activist, who had no previous online history, produced no evidence to support his claim. Within minutes, Benjamin Doherty the man who helped expose our friend Tom MacMaster was able to cast serious doubt on the video's authenticity. It appeared pretty clear that the video was a pinkwashing hoax.
Since then, Doherty and I have gathered evidence suggesting that the video has links to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office, or is at least being promoted through an official government hasbara operation.

The video was promoted early on if not initially by someone named Neil Lazarus, who shared it on Facebook (see screenshots here and here). I happened to have met Neil Lazarus during my Taglit/Birthright Israel trip in 2001. Lazarus was brought before my group to present the Israeli government's hasbara and to demonize the Palestinian Authority. He was as slick as any good used car salesman. Since then, Lazarus has become a major figure in the world of hasbara. From Neil's bio:
His client list is extensive and includes; The Prime Minister's Office, The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Israeli Ministry of Tourism, Jewish Federations…
He acted as the Israel advocacy policy advisor for Israel's leading reality television program, "The Ambassador"
Earlier today, the Israeli Government Press Office promoted the apparent hoax video on Twitter. In the tweet, @GPOIsrael cited @guyseemann. I headed over to Guy Seemann's twitter feed and found that he had only tweeted one item in his entire history: the pinkwashing anti-flotilla hoax. In fact, Seemann only joined Twitter on June 15, 2011. Then I took a look at Guy Seemann's bio:
Guy Seemann studied government, international policy, philosophy and physics at American University in Washington, DC. Before moving to Israel, Guy worked for United States Senator Robert Menendez, and then as a special projects coordinator in the North Eastern campaign for then-presidential candidate Barack Obama.
Since the campaign and moving to Israel, Guy was awarded a fellowship to work with international journalists and diplomats at the Prime Minister's Office, served as the international director for Lev Echad, and volunteered for the IDF. Guy will soon begin a new job at the Prime Minister's National Security Council working on Iranian, US and UN policy.
Why would the Israeli GPO have tweeted at Guy Seemann, a Netanyahu aide who seems to have created a Twitter account for the sole purpose of promoting the pinkwashing hoax? And what was Seemann's role in the video's creation? How did Lazarus know about the video before it had garnered any media interest and only a small handful of hits? These questions remain unanswered. However, the video's promotion by an exclusive cadre of official Israeli hasbara entities and figures suggest the hoax was part of a desperate government operation designed to discredit the Free Gaza flotilla. I will be updating here as I learn more.
http://maxblumenthal.com/2011/06/anti-fl...ra-agents/
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Anti-Flotilla video fraud linked to PM Netanyahu’s office, official Israeli hasbara agents - by Magda Hassan - 25-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Muslim Idiocy Spreads to other Republicans Drew Phipps 1 3,035 15-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Daily Kos is a fraud Tracy Riddle 1 4,128 22-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  The Fallacy of Rising Anti Semitism David Guyatt 2 3,362 23-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Pentagon Papers panel hosted by Amy Goodwin aired on PAX-TV, link to video Drew Phipps 3 3,558 28-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  FOX Affiliate Caught Editing Video of Protest Chant: Faked Protesters Saying “Go Kill A Cop!” Magda Hassan 2 3,314 25-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Doug Fisher
  American Militarism and Anti-Militarism in Popular Media, 1945-1970 Tracy Riddle 0 2,353 03-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  New Israeli propaganda campaign aimed at Jewish diaspora Magda Hassan 0 1,934 11-09-2014, 01:09 PM
  Reuters Camera Focused On Muslim University Before Israeli Blast Albert Doyle 3 2,759 02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Cynicism linked to dementia (but not early death). Drew Phipps 1 2,371 04-06-2014, 01:02 PM
  Interesting Video - Psychology of Power - Rule From The Shadows Peter Lemkin 9 4,047 15-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt