Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book: Hollywood producer was Mossad agent
New biography outs Israeli producer Arnon Milchan as man who purchased components for Israel's nuclear arsenal

Ynet

Could one of Hollywood's greatest Israeli producers have been a Mossad agent? In a new biography called Confidential: The Life of Secret Agent Turned Hollywood Tycoon Arnon Milchan," authors Meir Doron and Joseph Gelman claim that the producer took part in secret Mossad operations.

According to the book, Milchan supervised accounts and financed "the essential needs of Israel intelligence operations outside the country." Those "essential needs" include purchasing components for Israel's nuclear arsenal.

Gelman recalls a phone call with Milchan during which Gelman asked the producer: "Should I be worried?" The New York Times had written that Gelman told Melchan that there were fears that appearance-wise, people would think Melchan received major perks from Israel for his cooperation. Gelman claims that Melchan's response was: "I did it for my country, the money didn't go into my pockets".

Full Article: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,...37,00.html

http://www.bobtuskin.com/2011/07/19/book...sad-agent/

Full article:

Book: Hollywood producer was Mossad agent
New biography outs Israeli producer Arnon Milchan as man who purchased components for Israel's nuclear arsenal
Ynet
Published: 07.18.11, 14:54 / Israel News

Could one of Hollywood's greatest Israeli producers have been a Mossad agent? In a new biography called Confidential: The Life of Secret Agent Turned Hollywood Tycoon Arnon Milchan," authors Meir Doron and Joseph Gelman claim that the producer took part in secret Mossad operations.

According to the book, Milchan supervised accounts and financed "the essential needs of Israel intelligence operations outside the country." Those "essential needs" include purchasing components for Israel's nuclear arsenal.

Gelman recalls a phone call with Milchan during which Gelman asked the producer: "Should I be worried?" The New York Times had written that Gelman told Melchan that there were fears that appearance-wise, people would think Melchan received major perks from Israel for his cooperation. Gelman claims that Melchan's response was: "I did it for my country, the money didn't go into my pockets."

Melchan, 66, is considered one of Hollywood's greatest producers. His cinematic productions include Israeli movie "Dizengoff 99", "Pretty Woman" and "The Devil's Advocate" and his fortune is worth an estimated $4 billion.

"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Book: Hollywood producer was Mossad agent - by Ed Jewett - 20-07-2011, 02:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 340 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Bart Kamp's 'Prayer Man More Than A Fuzzy Picture' Book Brian Doyle 1 318 27-09-2023, 03:30 PM
  Selverstone's Book Jim DiEugenio 3 801 13-04-2023, 05:10 PM
  new book by Albarelli Ed Jewett 7 9,115 11-12-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
Big Grin JFK, Vietnam and Agent Orange Richard Coleman 2 2,460 11-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village Richard Gilbride 1 2,476 22-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  The CIA and the Book Depository Jim DiEugenio 0 2,290 21-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,695 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,782 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Nat'l Security Archive Brief Book Richard Coleman 0 1,958 20-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman