Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercury in Food
David Guyatt Wrote:The problem with organic food is the cost. But not only that. Supermarkets have been caught selling food labelled or promoted as organic which isn't. The punishment is a slap on the wrist. naughty, naughty, naughty.

Governments don't seem willing or able to take on big business anymore -- hence Obama's negative comments about the banking fraternity paying themselves billions in bonuses. Yet he seems unwilling or unable - or disinclined - to bring these crooks to justice.

I'd agree on both points. Much of 'organic/biodynamic' foods - especially that sold in larger supermarkets now is NOT as labeled and big agro-business has gotten in on the fraud. Yes, the prices are high and that means only the well-off have the chance to remain healthy [as is the case on all other fronts, as well]

I also agree that while Obama should be applauded for his remark on the bankers pocketing our money for their next home, boat, jet, etc. I think he will DO next to nothing and he'll be a 'Good' President verbally, but fangless when it comes to pushing back at the people who are his biggest financial and political backers. Its all PR.

Le plus ca change......

Messages In This Thread
Mercury in Food - by Magda Hassan - 30-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Mercury in Food - by Peter Lemkin - 30-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Mercury in Food - by David Guyatt - 30-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Mercury in Food - by Peter Lemkin - 31-01-2009, 09:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global marine analysis suggests food chain collapse! Peter Lemkin 0 5,958 13-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Junk Food Is Purposely Made Addictive! Peter Lemkin 3 5,088 13-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein
  Change We Can Believe In: How About the End of Farmers Markets? Say Hello to H.R. 875: Food Safety Magda Hassan 3 5,225 13-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt