Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Human Resources"
The OP said something about taking notes, but I'll admit to essentially falling down on the job there for a simple reason; the .avi sits on my desktop ready to be re-viewed. I did take some notes; I wrote down nine words, to be more precise, and those since words set up a long-term discussion.

Those nine words, in a five-word phrase, a three-word list, and a one word 'descriptor'.

They are, in inverse order:

"Biscuits", which is the descriptor for the psychological or social services (e.g., anthropology, psychiatrists and others may or may not be included, depending on the task) experts, consultants, instructors, gurus of training, etc. who are involved in current-day US administrative (military, intel, contractor, sub-contractor) approach to "coercive detention" (my phrase, coined as it seems to pair up nicely with "coercive diplomacy"), which sets up a discussion about their role and value in co-ercive mental games amid the war of terror;

"debility, dread and dependency", which given the thrust and content of the film [learning, conditioning, control] begs the question: To what extent is the American media-consuming American public fitting into the stages of the three D's?' and

"the real killers are governments", which has been very evident recently.

Since the thread is relatively new and untouched except by the resident professors and my OP, one of whom is our authority/office on thread management, I would suggest the following mini-braid:

Each of the three themes of my nine words can be its own thread, but the best responses must have to integrate all three topics (like a colorful ribbon between the three braids). [The more ribbons, the prettier.]
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
"Human Resources" - by Ed Jewett - 22-10-2011, 04:02 AM
"Human Resources" - by Ed Jewett - 24-10-2011, 01:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Human Resources - Metanoia Jan Klimkowski 0 2,778 27-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Human Experimentation for National Security Purposes Paul Rigby 0 2,512 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby