Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Court to revisit death of David Kelly

High Court to revisit death of David Kelly

Bad news for Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell. The Londoner learns that the death of Dr David Kelly will be examined at the High Court next month after a senior judge ordered a special hearing as part of his review of the case. A source tells me that Mr Justice Kenneth Parker, who is considering an application challenging the Government's recent decision not to have a coroner's inquest into Dr Kelly's death, has requested the session in open court on December 19. This could eventually help secure an inquest which, uniquely in modern English law following a suspicious death, there has never been. It will be the first time that issues about Dr Kelly, the Hutton Inquiry and the suggestion that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction will have been tackled in court as opposed to at a public inquiry. My source says Lord Falconer, Blair's chief legal adviser on the Kelly affair, is in line for a verbal thrashing. Reaching this stage is largely down to the efforts of David Halpin, a retired surgeon from Devon, who has never believed the official line that Dr Kelly killed himself in 2003. Two months ago he sought permission to judicially review the Government and it is his written submission that Mr Justice Parker is considering. More than 800 donors have contributed over £40,000 to cover Halpin's lawyers' fees. He is the sole claimant in the action.His barrister, John Cooper QC, tells me: "My client has said for many years that on the available evidence Dr Kelly did not commit suicide. He welcomes this first chance since Dr Kelly's death to put before a court the kernel of his case."

http://londonersdiary.standard.co.uk/201...kelly.html
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
High Court to revisit death of David Kelly - by Magda Hassan - 03-11-2011, 01:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK's Investigatory Powers Act allows the State to tell lies in court! Peter Lemkin 1 8,205 09-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, is expected to appear in a UK court tomorrow! Peter Lemkin 250 94,801 22-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Two Benghazi parents sue Hillary Clinton for wrongful death, defamation Drew Phipps 1 7,145 10-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Prosecutors drop charges in 2001 death of Washington intern Drew Phipps 0 6,432 29-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Obama picks centrist high court nominee; Republicans unmoved Drew Phipps 9 18,649 17-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  italian court convicts 23 americans kidnapping Bernice Moore 25 20,199 23-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  People Have A 'Fundamental Right' To Own Assault Weapons, Court Rules Drew Phipps 0 3,844 05-02-2016, 03:30 PM
  Spanish court issues arrest warrants for Netanyahu and other officials Magda Hassan 2 5,569 16-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  US Supreme Court blocks lower court's ruling on Texas new discriminatory voter ID law Drew Phipps 0 2,517 18-10-2014, 06:47 PM
  EFF to take NSA and USG to Court over Electronic Spying on Everyone, Everywhere, All the time! Peter Lemkin 0 2,244 28-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin