Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Explosion Reported at Boston Marathon's Finish Line
The mother and father of the brothers talk exclusively to British Channel 4 News about frequent visits and interactions with the FBI.

There's a five minute video at the link. Mrs Tsarnaeva speaks fluent English.

Quote:Tuesday 23 April 2013 United States , World

My kids would never do this: Boston suspects' mother

Exclusive: Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, mother of the men accused of the Boston bombings, tells Channel 4 News her children were set up as suspects and that they "have nothing to do with this".

Speaking exclusively to reporter Nick Sturdee, the mother of the two men accused of the Boston bombings said that her son Tamerlan was being monitored before the bombings and that neither son was responsible.

"What happened was a terrible thing. But I know that my kids have nothing to do with this. I know it. I am mother. I know my kids," Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told Channel 4 News.

"My kids would never get involved in anything like that."

Shortly after this on camera interview, Mrs Tsarnaeva told our reporter Nick Sturdee in a phone call that she now accepts that Tamerlan Tsarnaev is dead because her son's widow, Katherine Russell, had called and told her that she had identified the 26-year old's body.

They were monitoring him and I know that because I used to talk to them. Zubeidat Tsarnaeva

"The first day when I got this message, I got really worried. I was kind of... telling that it is a set up and was just really mad and angry at America," she said, speaking from Makhachkala, Dagestan.

"It's just somebody did this, somebody set this up, not my kids."

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, the surviving Boston bombing suspect, was charged in connection with the attacks on Monday while lying in his hospital bed in Boston. His elder brother Tamerlan was killed during a manhunt after the 15 April attack.
What did the FBI know?

The authorities are not seeking anyone else in connection with the bombings, which killed three people and injured 200, although questions remain over what the security officials knew about the brothers, and when.

The father of the two suspects told Channel 4 News on 21 April that the FBI had phoned Tamerlan in the days after the Boston marathon bombings.

The FBI did not confirm or deny the phonecall, but said it had interviewed the 26-year-old and his family in 2011 after a request from a foreign government based on information suggesting Tamerlan was a "follower of radical Islam and a strong believer".

In a statement to Channel 4 News, the FBI said it did not find any evidence of terrorist activity at this time.

'FBI rang me before attacks'

The mother of the two suspects also said that Tamerlan, the eldest, was being watched by the FBI before the attacks.

"They were monitoring him and I know that because I used to talk to them," she told Channel 4 News.

"They used to come to our house, like two, three times. And then my son Tamerlan used to tell me that he used to talk to them too, because they called me once and they wanted his number and then at such moments I used to get really worried because, you know, my kids and I'm their mother."

"And then when the agent called me back and he said that you know I have spoken to your son and I really got to understand that he's a really nice boy. You know, very intelligent, very, like, nice boy.

"He asked me: do you think your Tamerlan could get involved into some kind of, because you know, he's like a leader, he's a strong boy, and do you think that he could get involved into kind of like any organisation, you know, like, radical organisation?

"At that time because they told me that they saw whatever he was reading. And I said no, no."
'Fight for justice'

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been charged by federal authorities with conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction, resulting in death.

The crime does carry the death penalty, although some US media reports suggest that the Obama administration has not yet decided whether to seek that ultimate punishment.

Also speaking from Dagestan, the father of the two suspects told reporter Nick Sturdee that he intends to fight the charges against his sons.

"I'm planning to go to America and fight for justice. Hire lawyers, the press, and reach the truth. Only the truth," he told Channel 4 News.

"Because if this is going to continue, it will end badly for the American people. If my sons are going to be shot without reason... that's going to come to every house if it's not going to be done by law. The law needs to be observed."

A private funeral was held for 29-year-old Krystle Campbell, one of the three victims, on Monday.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Breaking: Explosion Reported at Boston Marathon's Finish Line - by Jan Klimkowski - 23-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explosion and building collapse in Manhattan Magda Hassan 1 3,250 12-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Lockdown USA: Lessons From the Boston Marathon Manhunt David Guyatt 0 2,796 19-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Volgograd explosion Magda Hassan 8 5,957 01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
  The CIA Handler to the Boston Bombing? David Guyatt 5 6,214 30-05-2013, 10:15 AM
  A large explosion has damaged a building in the centre of the Czech capital Prague. David Guyatt 5 4,587 29-04-2013, 04:12 PM
  Boston Bernice Moore 1 3,337 15-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Officer Died at Explosion of Nuclear Object in Romania Magda Hassan 3 5,190 14-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Minor explosion in Davos hotel, nobody hurt Magda Hassan 1 2,781 28-01-2011, 12:16 PM