Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looting Africa
David Guyatt Wrote:Does the US have the legal right to interfere in the affairs of a foreign sovereign nations and foreign nationals, even if corruption may be involved? Or have they passed an act (the foreign corrupt practises act) that allows them to do what they damn well please anywhere in the world, irrespective of international law and sovereignty.

Yep, that seems to be the case to me.

[/COLOR]

My Dad always said something similar about the US stripping Muhammed Ali of his world heavyweight title for refusing to serve in the Vietnam War: It's the world heavyweight title, not an instrument of US foreign or domestic policy.

Ali famously said: "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Congs..."

Quote:Appearing shortly thereafter for his scheduled induction into the U.S. Armed Forces on April 28, 1967 in Houston, (Muhammed Ali) refused three times to step forward at the call of his name. An officer warned him he was committing a felony punishable by five years in prison and a fine of $10,000. Once more, Ali refused to budge when his name was called. As a result, he was arrested and on the same day the New York State Athletic Commission suspended his boxing license and stripped him of his title. Other boxing commissions followed suit. Ali would not be able to obtain a license to box in any state for over three years.

In reality, Muhammed Ali was a huge danger to the power elites.

As the following quotes prove:

"No, I am not going 10,000 miles to help murder, kill, and burn other people to simply help continue the domination of white slavemasters over dark people the world over. This is the day and age when such evil injustice must come to an end."

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?"
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Looting Africa - by Jan Klimkowski - 16-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Looting Africa - by David Guyatt - 17-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Looting Africa - by Jan Klimkowski - 17-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Looting Africa - by Magda Hassan - 30-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Looting Africa - by Magda Hassan - 30-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Looting Africa - by Jan Klimkowski - 30-08-2013, 05:38 PM