Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYSE Runs Out of Gold Bars: What Happens Next?
Jan, Peter, David.

Frankly I was pretty firmly in the GATA 'The shorts will eventually be trapped' camp until reading David's 'The Secret Gold Treaty' - and that from a deep deep sceptic on all things 'official'. (Who was it said 'never believe anything until it has been officially denied? - well that's me in spades). Add to that my background in trading paper gold using well-known measures that were (and to some extent remain) solid evidence of manipulation by people with VERY deep pockets, and it's a pretty fair bet that most traders and the vast bulk of the general population with any interest in gold as an investment regard the official 147,000 MT's above ground gold as being in the ball-park so-to-speak.

The alleged vast quantities of Black Gold explain so much. It does not have to be under the control of the Banksters yet - necessarily. Just the fact of its existence and Bankster knowledge of it is quite sufficient to explain their cockyness. I now expect gold to remain a reasonable investment on any ong-term view - in the sense that its value measured against a basket of necessities will probably always hold; but waiting for a price explosion whilst accumulating offical gold looks more and more like what the Banksters both want and expect people to do - and their plans are laid accordingly.

You can see why the interest I expressed to David in my original Lounge postings was about the stratagems employed to launder large and ongoing quantities of the Black stuff - because that is the key to them maintaining rigid control over its price. Analogous to drugs and diamonds, the crooks are pretty much an indispensable tool of official policy.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
NYSE Runs Out of Gold Bars: What Happens Next? - by Peter Presland - 31-03-2009, 08:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deutsche Bank Blows Lid on Cartel who Fixes Gold Price David Guyatt 7 7,686 23-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Real Reason Why Germany Halted Its Gold Repatriation From the NY Fed Lauren Johnson 19 9,908 21-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  China's Demand for Gold Has Trapped The West's Central Banks Peter Presland 5 3,934 11-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Now Bloomberg say what we all already knew - the gold price is fixed David Guyatt 0 3,236 02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
  Bailout Architect Runs For California Governor; World Laughs Lauren Johnson 1 2,663 27-01-2014, 10:00 AM
  The US Federal Reserve It refuses to return the German gold before 2020 Magda Hassan 1 2,544 17-08-2013, 10:50 AM
  Gold market manipulation Jan Klimkowski 13 13,430 30-04-2013, 12:15 PM
  Cyprus announces intent to sell gold reserves David Guyatt 3 3,365 18-04-2013, 02:25 AM
  Barrick Gold (CIA/Mafia Front) Co-Chairman Paid $17-million in 2012 Peter Lemkin 1 4,235 10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
  The Assault on Gold - By Paul Craig Roberts Adele Edisen 1 2,155 09-04-2013, 09:52 AM