Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only In America - Michelle Obama Being Pressured To NOT Have Organic Garden!
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I have a strange feeling the chemical industry may put enough pressure on the White House to actually get the organic garden sprayed.....or, more likely the 'compromise' of no garden at all....or spray the new dogs with pesticides. Montsanto has had its way with every administration so far and every living creature on the planet is polluted with its DDT, PCB and other deadly chemicals.

Freakin' amazing. Much of the pleasure of being a gardener, for me, is providing a habitat that wildlife that inhabit. Then I get to enjoy the flora and the fauna. In particular frogs and toads are super sensitive to pesticides presumably in part because they breath through their skin. There is no point gardening, for me, if I'm going to use chemicals that obliterate the wildlife. Duh.

Obama will probably cave though. He rarely misses an opportunity to do the wrong thing. For example he could have helped rescue shelters immensely by adopting a dog instead of getting a designer dog. But he opted not to send an important message and serve as an example. I know I know, his daughter has allergies. Still, a huge percentage of shelters dogs are purebreds. He could have done the right thing and met all his criteria.

Messages In This Thread
Only In America - Michelle Obama Being Pressured To NOT Have Organic Garden! - by Myra Bronstein - 15-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Candidate For Energy Committee Says God Won't Allow Global Warming - America Dumbed Down! Peter Lemkin 8 7,237 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Shrimp's Dirty Secrets: Why America's Favorite Seafood Is a Health and Environmental Nightmare Magda Hassan 1 3,049 26-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Charles Drago