Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them
I'd do that too if I had one and will never buy one of course now I know. It is all very well to have the technical ability to do this but it should only be an opt in system. That they expect people to actually pay thousands of dollars/pounds to have Samsung's (and others for sure) uninvited trespassing entity sneak into people's homes and family life says how contemptuous of us they are. And of course they would have no trouble selling all this valuable data and even handing it over for free if asked by the wrong authority. No doubt their lawyers have already set it up that you 'give Samsung permission' when you purchase and operate their tv or at least have exempted them from any liability from their use of your data.

David Guyatt Wrote:People should get off their lazy backsides and fight this to the death by firstly boycotting all Samsung products. Make them technically remove the ability -not just reverse the corporate decision to collect this information and share it.

I own Samsung TV's and am off to do exactly this now. I'll never buy another one again.

Quote:Samsung smart TV policy allows company to listen in on users

Policy has been compared to George Orwell's 1984
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them - by Magda Hassan - 10-02-2015, 09:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Big Media Do In Sanders? - Avoiding the Dodgy "C" word David Guyatt 0 4,702 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt