Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflicts between researchers. Why?
I also had a copy of the original Turner/Christian RFK book years ago. It was fabulous. Turner always impressed me with what he wrote and interviews he gave.

That said............Joan Mellen, as we all know, has done fabulous research. She also has her biases. Two people she seems to despise are Robert Kennedy and....Bill Turner. From "A Farewell To Justice":

quote on

One day Turner was leafing through Garrison's "crank file" when he found a letter from a man named Thomas Thornhill.

Believing there was something dubious about this lead, which incriminated a man named Edgar Eugene Bradley in the assassination, Assistant District Attorney Mike Karamazin had tucked it away deep in Garrison's filing cabinet. There Turner unearthed it. Although it addressed neither Clay Shaw's, David Ferrie's, nor Oswald's intelligence connections, Turner pronounced this lead viable. The California volunteers had begun to steer Jim Garrison to those false names "smoked" by Gerald Patrick Hemming, disobeying Garrison's order: "I don't care about who the shooters were. I care about who the planners were." No greater disservice was done to Jim Garrison's work than Turner's and Boxley's targeting of Edgar Eugene Bradley. [my emphasis - RC]

[..................]

Describing his own investigation as only a beginning, Garrison stated that he did not want personally "to get into the act." He hoped to help Fonzi "avoid the mistakes" he had made, to "separate out the false leads and identify the Greek coming in with the gifts." He was particularly bitter about Bill Turner who, "using false statements," and a "totally false picture," had led him to charge Edgar Eugene Bradley mistakenly.

[............]

Fonzi had his own doubts once Turner told him about a supposed meeting between Enrique ("Harry") Ruiz Williams, E. Howard Hunt and Richard Helms in a CIA safe house in Washington, D.C., on the very morning of the assassination as they planned a second Bay of Pigs. It seemed to Fonzi that Turner was directing him back to a CIA story discarded even by the Warren Commission, that Fidel Castro had ordered the assassination.

quote off

There is more. Perhaps Jim D. could shed some light on this. Either Joan or everybody else is way off the mark......

Messages In This Thread
Conflicts between researchers. Why? - by Richard Coleman - 12-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast with 28 researchers paying our tributes to Jim Marrs Joseph McBride 0 3,342 15-08-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  The Texan Researchers: Cleaning Out the Row Charles Drago 22 10,316 24-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jack White
  We Researchers miss so much because of our egos Tosh Plumlee 0 2,485 21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Tosh Plumlee