Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Mae Brussel and pre-internet CT information exchange
Marlene Zenker Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:If you put Mae Brussell in our Forum search engine several threads will turn up...more will if you do it in google or other search engine and specify this Forum's url. I have several of her shows as mp3 files and one can buy them all on line now. She published several articles in various magazines. Live audience talks by Mae did happen - but were very rare. At the end of her life [the last years] she didn't go out much, and was getting death threats. As I said, the mysterious house that had cars with blackened windows drive in and out, usually at night, burned to the ground on the very day she died.....coincidence or conspiracy...I say most probably the latter. She was on to something very hot in her last months!..and she knew it - but Mae was on to hot stuff all along!!!. Last I heard, her archive is still in active contention as to who has control and what should be done with it...very sad...it is invaluable and has likely had some things removed by now. John Judge was a major in that battle, but with his sad death, I don't know who has taken over his efforts to see them put into an archive intact. I know one daughter doesn't want her letters to be part of the archive, but they are some of the best parts..she got letters from and to everyone..but that is another matter for another time. I think I posted on that here about three years back.

From Baylor last July (2015)...

Thank you for your gift to the JFK Collection Fund to assist in securing the Mae Brussell Collection. We appreciate your enthusiasm in supporting this acquisition. Unfortunately, Baylor University (W. R. Poage Legislative Library) and Ms. Diane Brussell could not work out an agreement for this transfer and the collection will remain with the Brussell Family.
I am writing to inform you of this recent development and provide you with three options for the redistribution of your gift from the JFK Collection Fund.

Thanks. I missed that. Sad, as I don't believe the family will make it available to the public in some alternative way. They have the legal right, but I'd argue not the moral right here...unless they take it to another archive. Last I heard it was in two locations, and have no idea if it still is or not. It appears now to be lost to history and the family [at least for now]....very sad. I don't think Mae would have wanted this....she was always trying to get the information OUT, and to share it. What is the family afraid of or unhappy with?!

N.B. This is not the first time a family has done something similar. I was deeply involved in trying to convince the family of the late Tom Wilson to make his archive [collecting dust not far from Dallas, as fate would have it] available to researchers. Mrs. Wilson and one son would simply not allow it, and gave no rational explanation. By the time this part of the family are gone so will most of us who realize the importance of Tom Wilson's work! In this way, things get permanently lost all too often....and they are needed now...as the USA edges closer and closer to total fascism and takeover by a 'select' but hidden minority. The families often are not aware of how important it is for their loved one's work to be made available and simply suggest that everyone else just make due by re-inventing the research done.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Question about Mae Brussel and pre-internet CT information exchange - by Peter Lemkin - 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious question from Mueller to Prez. about Seth Rich Dawn Meredith 2 6,015 04-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  They Are Coming For the Internet Cliff Varnell 0 2,125 12-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Wikileaks promises new release of information on Hilary. Drew Phipps 21 25,764 19-10-2016, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin