Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!!
All I can think is 'what Wall Street Regulations'....they've all been removed! Trump is going to destroy the average person [no surprise there!] - but he may have started his own downfall - as he is invested heavily in Wall Street - and the emoluments clause forbids him to engage in political actions that benefit himself - IMPEACHMENT is just around the corner. He'll go down in the Guinness Book of Records for least time in office before Impeachment.

Quote:Trump to sign executive order calling for rollback of Wall Street regulations

By Renae Merle February 3 at 12:20 PM
'We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank,' Trump promises

President Trump plans to sign an executive order on Friday to ease regulations put in place after the 2008 financial crisis to rein in Wall Street, according to a White House spokeswoman.
The move would address another one of Trump's campaign promises: dismantling 2010's financial overhaul legislation, known as Dodd-Frank. The legislation forced banks to take various steps to prevent another financial crisis, including holding more capital and taking yearly "stress tests" to prove they could withstand economic turbulence. The financial industry, particularly its small community banks, complained the rules went too far.
"We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank," Trump said during a meeting with business leaders Friday morning. "Because frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, that had nice businesses, they just can't borrow money … because the banks just won't let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank."
Trump also intends to sign a separate presidential memorandum to roll back the Labor Department's rules that would require financial professionals to put their clients' interests ahead of their own. The "fiduciary rule," scheduled to go into effect in April, has long been a target of Republicans, including close Trump Wall Street ally Anthony Scaramucci, who call it burdensome and costly.
The Labor Department should rescind the rule and consider whether it could harm investors or disrupt the retirement services industry, Trump's memorandum will say, according to a White House spokesman. The order comes as the fate of the rule is also being weighed in the courts. A decision on a lawsuit from major business groups challenging the rule, including the Chamber of Commerce, could come any day now.

These efforts are sure to anger Democrats in Congress and progressive groups who argue Wall Street needs more oversight not less. It will also bolster critics who say Trump, despite promising during the campaign to "drain the swamp," has become cozy with Wall Street since the election. Trump has tapped several Goldman Sachs alumni for key positions in his administration, and his strategic and policy panel is led by Stephen A. Schwarzman, founder of Blackstone, a massive investment firm.
During his morning meeting with several high-profile CEOs, Trump noted that there were several bankers in the room, including Larry Fink, chief executive of the massive investment firm Blackrock. "Larry's got a lot of my money and I have to tell you, he got me great returns," Trump said to laughs in the room. Later he noted that Jamie Dimon, the chief executive of JPMorgan Chase, one of the largest banks in the world, was also there. "There is nobody better to tell me about Dodd Frank than Jamie," Trump said motioning to Dimon across the table.
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), a member of the Banking Committee, quickly pounced on Trump's effort to roll back the fiduciary rule. "President Trump's action will make it harder for American savers to keep more of what they earn," Brown said in a statement.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - by Peter Lemkin - 03-02-2017, 07:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,292 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,041 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism Marlene Zenker 0 3,445 13-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Tea Party Organizations Tied To Racist Hate Groups, et al. Peter Lemkin 0 3,158 21-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Racist Hollywood rediscovers the Yellow Peril Paul Rigby 0 3,091 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama appoints racist right-wing thug as chief of staff Paul Rigby 9 11,013 17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby