Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!!
Lauren Johnson Wrote:From Pat Lang's blog on Project Lakhta

Quote:"We will use the key performance indicators (KPIs) we created in November to measure the level of success enjoyed by the Russian intelligence active measures campaign. The plethora of examples within the indictment serves to confirm much of our analysis, but also shows their successes were more robust than previous analysis had concluded.

KPI 1 Shape the U.S. election discourse and feed divisiveness into the United States. The efforts in the creation of thousands of online accounts to create, publish and repeat divisive messages, creating slightly nuanced content and otherwise pushing themes that would be most inflammatory has now been documented in the indictment. The DoJ shared an example: "The Russians organized one rally in support of the President-elect and another rally to oppose him, both in New York, and on the same day."

KPI 2 Framing the dialogue via ads and fictitious persons. This is where the Russians invested heavilynot only millions in funds which they funneled to social media accounts including Twitter and Facebook, but also in online search ads with Google and Bing. Additionally, their use of email and assuming the identities of real U.S. citizens to infiltrate and provide direct support to various political entities is now well-documented." securituboulevard.com
-------------
[FONT=&amp] I have no idea what or who "Security Boulevard" may be but I needed a mission statement for Project Lakhta. A number of people are saying that Lakhta just wasn't professional enough for them to give it much credit. I disagree. the program may have been run by Putin's Caterer billionaire friend with a few ex-SVR as cadre and the rest enthusiastic geeks, but IMO the results speak for themselves. If the goal was to further aggravate divisiveness in the US, this project certainly contributed to US political disarray.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The image of Michael Moore marching in a Project Lakhta anti-Trumo demonstration is just too, too delicious.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The question arises of actual motive on the part of the Russians. Much of the usual drivel is circulating about Russian hatred of democracy as a commodity.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]IMO that is not the root of their behavior in this matter and in all the other IO operations that they seem to be continuing against the US. No, I think the objective is simply to weaken the US as a self-declared adversary that wishes to see Russia reduced to the status of a mid-sized regional player subject to US oversight and control.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Since the end of the first Cold War and the collapse of the USSR the US has treated Russia with overbearing contempt and hostility. The Russians appealed to the US to be allowed a more open role in European affairs. The response was to drive the borders of NATO far to the east, to the borders of what is but a rump of the Russian Empire before WW1.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Russian response is to use what they see as a legitimate instrument of statecraft against us. This instrument seeks the weakening of enemies through exploitation of their own defects.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Our response to this is to adopt a high handed attitude that speaks volumes about us. We admit that we do the same things to others even as we claim an absolute right to do this because we are the future of humanity, the dwellers in the "city on the hill."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]How childish and self absorbed we are! pl
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]https://securityboulevard.com/2018/02/project-lakhta-russian-meddling-gets-russians-indicted/[/FONT]
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/techn...4051510220

"We admit that we do the same things to others even as we claim an absolute right to do this because we are the future of humanity"

As I've said before - and I guess I have to say it again - I don't support any nation's efforts to tamper in any other nation's elections or internal affairs. EVER. It's not all right when the US does it, or when Russia does it, or when Israel or China or the UK do it. I've been pretty consistent about that.

I think we on the Deep Politics Forum should condemn all corrupt state & corporate power and not take "sides" because of some misguided ideology. Russia is a gangster capitalist country today, just like China. Leftists need to wake up and realize that the brand of "Marxism" they practiced was always a fraud, and it's completely dead and buried today.

Messages In This Thread
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - by Tracy Riddle - 21-02-2018, 10:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,317 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,046 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism Marlene Zenker 0 3,449 13-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Tea Party Organizations Tied To Racist Hate Groups, et al. Peter Lemkin 0 3,162 21-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Racist Hollywood rediscovers the Yellow Peril Paul Rigby 0 3,099 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama appoints racist right-wing thug as chief of staff Paul Rigby 9 11,020 17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby