Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump
Tracy Riddle Wrote:[quote=David Guyatt]

For those who don't know, Stone also accepts the official story of 9/11 (see his Untold History book and miniseries), as does Sy Hersh. As far as I know, so does Chris Hedges.

Now, I think very highly of Stone and Hedges most of the time, and sometimes Hersh is very good too. But these posts are essentially appeals to authority. If your Favorite Leftist is skeptical about the Russian hack story, that somehow proves something and you can basically stop thinking for yourself. Well, I like to think for myself, and I've never met a researcher who I agreed with 100% about everything.

As usual Tracy, you misrepresent my intention, and I wonder why that is…

All of the journalists (and others) I have posted articles from in this thread concerning the present contagion sweeping across America's left because of Trump, are the same ones I read regularly and have been reading for years. In regard to all sorts of subjects. I read them because I respect their independence. Repeated independence. Hitherto Trump, you have had no axe to grind in this respect. Trump winning and Hillary losing seems to have changed everything.

None of these people are hack journalists, none are employed by major media outlets, many have paid a deep price for taking a stand outside of the crowd. Several are former US and British intelligence officers in perdu by the state they formerly served, one other is a former UK Ambassador whistleblower likewise detested by the establishment of his nation.

What they all possess besides that independence I spoke of above, is a large dollop of critical thinking combined with a very clear sense of social fairness and justice. Many, although not all, are on the left. But that is, as far as I've been able to see, is because that is where the outposts of social justice largely reside.

I doubt anyone of them accords entirely to my views and perceptions of things because we all share human fallacy and weaknesses - so I can't get my knickers in a twist because Chomsky, Hedges, Stone and others don't 100% accord with my view of the world when it comes to JFK, 9/11 and other deep subjects. I know for the most part that they are good people trying to bring not just rationality, honesty and integrity to bear on the subjects they write about, but more importantly they highlight the underlying issues of social fairness.

In this whole thread the meme you have been supporting is that Russia is responsible for hacking into the DNC computers (and other nefarious attributions besides). This story has zero evidence in support of it. Almost everyone I know in deep politics know this to be true.

But who needs evidence when the deep state says something is so (and that something is wholly based on a political and economic agenda as obvious as a full moon) and yet uncritical minds accept their distortions at face value.

If that is what you regard as "think(ing) for myself" then be my guest. I want no part of it.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8941&stc=1]

This image is being circulated by people who should know better - who do know better. For me, this single image reveals what I regard as the contagion that is presently possessing America. It's unhealthy and dangerous. It could lead to civil war.

I rather suspect that is the intention, because the old guard, the neocon and pocket-stuffers, have decided to fight to the death to retain their privileges, power and their rapacious and ruinous ideology. They, of course, won't be up front nor visible atop white steeds brandishing the swords of justice when or if the shooting starts. They never are.

It's always other people's blood they spill; always other people's money they steal.

Attached Files
.jpg   obama trump.jpg (Size: 17.73 KB / Downloads: 20)
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump - by David Guyatt - 01-02-2017, 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump dossier Doug Fisher 237 230,933 19-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Half-coup in Venezuela: The CIA Frames Trump Paul Rigby 0 3,071 08-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Trump Impeachment, The 2020 Election And The Deep State James Lateer 3 3,853 06-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  The US-backed & planed coup in Venezuela Peter Lemkin 1 4,771 20-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,323 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Trump Executive Order and the Latest National Emergency Lauren Johnson 1 5,262 28-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  An actual coup in america: Democrats in 1944 Paul Rigby 3 8,245 29-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Russia Sees Multi-Polar World as It's Future -- Not Trump David Guyatt 55 121,052 28-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Is Trump's "Unpredictability" A Kissinger Strategy? David Guyatt 3 5,769 13-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Atlantic-Bridge: A Fox in Trump's Henhouse David Guyatt 0 4,310 05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt