Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump
David Guyatt Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Cliff Varnell Wrote:All well and good. But the suspicions Trump is deeply tied to Putin are stoked by the continual lying by Trump, Sessions, Flynn, Page and Manafort.

Why does Trump lie about "not calling Russia in 10 years?"

Why did Sessions lie about not meeting any Russian officials when he met the Russian ambassador three times?

Why did Flynn lie about not discussing US sanctions in his many phone calls with said Ambassador?

Carter Page had a meltdown on MSNBC sort-of-not-denying meeting with said Ambassador.

Why did Ambassador Kislyak lie about meeting any Trump operatives during the campaign?

If all these meetings were benign why are these guys acting guilty of something?

While it is not [yet] clear what the ties/meetings/plans were/are all about, I think Trumps ties to Russia are more financial than political. He has has apparently gotten big loans from Russian Oligarchs and does business with them - and not small business either. His friends and their companies do or want to do business with Russia - and not small business either. They know that the concept of 'Russia' is anathema in the US, so have kept their contacts hidden because of that and the fact IMO that they have nothing to do with bilateral relationships of nations, but personal business on both sides. Russia is largely a kleptocracy at the top and Trump wants that in the USA too. While I have no problem with Russian and the USA getting along and not being enemies for no sane reason, I don't like his [Trump's] view of the Presidency as first good for his bottom line and last good for the People of the US and World. Yes, it would be nice to know what the meetings/talks were about, but only by a truly independent investigation - not one controlled by the two parties which have private political axes to grind. I think Trump has done much worse things at this point no matter how one wishes to paint the 'Russia thing'....and that this is a reversion to 'Cold War' thinking - as that 'reflex' is still present in US thinking. Russia has done not nice things, but the US has also done so in spades. Putin and his Oligarch friends are very much like Trump and his Oligarch friends - natural friends I'd say and already known to have done some business deals and planning to do others. In this there is good and bad - the bad being that it is Oligarch to Oligarch and not people to people rapprochement.

I think that is a fair summing up, Pete. However, the MSM drums of war with Russia are beating beaten so hard now with contrived Russian responsibility for anything that suits their agenda that it has turned heads. Americans I have known for decades who hitherto have been insightful and knowledgeable on US elite and Intelligence Community artfulness and deceits are in psychological free fall; they've lost all sense of balance and common sense on the Russia issue. It's sad to see - and completely pointless arguing with them about it. I suspect they would be cheerleaders if the US went to war with Russia.

We live in perilous times...

Well, on the 'good' side, it would be the World's shortest [and last] War! ::willynilly::...on the bad side it would be the end of the World for all but cockroaches...any while life has really been getting quite shitty of late, I wasn't about to do myself in, just yet.....and it seems unfair for the children/animals/plants/people who have no hand in all this ongoing madness. Shadow indeed. Perhaps a new quasi-Jungian term is needed, such as Deep Political Collective Shadow.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump - by Peter Lemkin - 10-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump dossier Doug Fisher 237 230,946 19-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Half-coup in Venezuela: The CIA Frames Trump Paul Rigby 0 3,074 08-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Trump Impeachment, The 2020 Election And The Deep State James Lateer 3 3,853 06-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  The US-backed & planed coup in Venezuela Peter Lemkin 1 4,775 20-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,326 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Trump Executive Order and the Latest National Emergency Lauren Johnson 1 5,263 28-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  An actual coup in america: Democrats in 1944 Paul Rigby 3 8,247 29-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Russia Sees Multi-Polar World as It's Future -- Not Trump David Guyatt 55 121,055 28-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Is Trump's "Unpredictability" A Kissinger Strategy? David Guyatt 3 5,770 13-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Atlantic-Bridge: A Fox in Trump's Henhouse David Guyatt 0 4,311 05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt