Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA Hacking Tools Revealed by Wikileaks - Rivals much NSA can do!
David Guyatt Wrote:We know that governments are always in peril from the intelligence community and have been for a long time. The use of blackmail garnered from the Five Eyes technology along with willing servants in the media who are able to float a ruinous story as required, means accountability remains a very long way off. I suppose the first step is to neuter the mainstream media.

Meanwhile, on a personal level you take what steps you can. You can blind the camera on your laptop/computer and turn the internal microphone to zero - all recommended actions to hopefully defeat intrusions - and in my case I have an iPhone version3, a very old one that is less easy to manipulate and I don't plan to upgrade it at all. I remember that John McAfee uses an old flip top cell phone because it can't be hacked and recommends everyone uses similar technology. Maybe people should revert to that sort of thing, but they won't, will they. But all these are just temporary patches. The entire electrical circuit in your house can be used as a remote microphone.

Technology isn't going to go backwards, so it's going to take a real battle to put the spooks back in their box, and I don;t see anyone with the will to do that that. Sadly.

The electronics most now have make it all too easy for the BEAST [whatever/whoever they are]. Even if you had NO phone at all, all they have to do is record the vibration of the glass on your windows to hear what is being said in the apartment or house. This is done now with a laser [invisible wavelength]...but it is a lot of trouble to set up and is only done on high-value targets. With everyone with a smartphone [but NOT me!] they know where you are, who your with, what you said, your every email and internet search and action, etc.

Yes, there are steps each can take to minimize the possible encroachment on privacy - but truthfully they amount to little compared to what the other side has at hand. Even most bank cards now have RFID chips in them and when you are near [about 10m] a special device it can read who you are, your bank account number, your pin code, and where you are walking in a shop, how long you stop before item X and then item Y, what you buy, etc. It can even be used sometimes to track you walking or driving in a city. And there are other techniques. Someone would make a small [and honest] fortune if the set up a high-tech company to build devices that can't be hacked...but they'd be infiltrated and the higher ups perhaps 'whacked' if successful. It is sad that no one is even trying. Google is part of CIA; the phone companies are either complicit or don't care enough. Ditto software developers. I use Linux and am shocked that Linux has yet to comment on the Vault7 info that even Linux is vulnerable now....it was long thought it was not without very special precision attacks....not so any more.

Its a Brave New 1984 and I don't like it one flying ****!::prison::
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
CIA Hacking Tools Revealed by Wikileaks - Rivals much NSA can do! - by Peter Lemkin - 09-03-2017, 12:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Dubious Case of Russian Hacking David Guyatt 6 17,875 05-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  WikiLeaks offers award for #LabourLeaks Magda Hassan 2 6,701 24-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  NSA/GCHQ hacking anti-spyware/encryption programs to invade your computer! Peter Lemkin 3 10,441 13-04-2016, 11:29 AM
  KARMA POLICE - another NSA+GCHQ Program revealed Peter Lemkin 0 5,883 27-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Google gave FBI Wikileaks staffers emails - and kept quiet about it David Guyatt 0 3,834 26-01-2015, 09:34 AM
  CIA admits to hacking Senate computers Tracy Riddle 2 4,759 03-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Secret EU surveillance drone project revealed David Guyatt 0 4,283 12-02-2014, 09:43 AM