Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Monbiot Explains Neoliberalism, Climate, Immigration, Globalization!
David Guyatt Wrote:Trying to develop theories for greed, avarice and worshipping the worst traits humans can exhibit, as these people try to do, is simply a facile justification of their vices. They're hiding from themselves.

I don't disagree, I only mourn that some of these people are in the most powerful positions on the Planet. Of course, having such a sick 'ethos' [sic] makes them want to be in powerful positions and exacerbates the entire situation with a feedback loop that is progressively destroying everything:values, culture, equality, democracy, decency, justice, peace, a modicum of prosperity for the average person, science to help not hurt Nature and humans, progress not regress, and hope in the future. This evil thinking and action, while not new, has certainly grown like a cancer of late and needs to be removed before it removes us all. Many economics departments in the US actually teach that 'Greed is Good' and other equally oxymoronic platitudes of propaganda. Sick stuff - but not to be taken lightly nor laughed at as a passing phase. People are fooled by the shiny electronic gadgets they get to play with, but I think a second 'Dark Ages' have already started. Will the slumbering and numbed masses awake in time - or is this the final curtain call?!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
George Monbiot Explains Neoliberalism, Climate, Immigration, Globalization! - by Peter Lemkin - 18-03-2017, 09:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Attorneys General Defend Big Oil Over Climate Fraud Probe by Citing the Constitution Drew Phipps 0 6,805 19-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Prison Economics Help Drive Ariz. Immigration Law Magda Hassan 0 2,920 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan