Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter
I have an older lunchroom essay from 2014 soon to be posted in the ESSAYS section at my website at http://www.jfkinsidejob.com; it is titled The Lunchroom Incident: A Short Proof and Long Explanation.

The proof employs deductive reasoning- that marvelous tool of Aristotelian logic- using the Stroud document to conclude that Adams & Styles passed Truly & Baker while they were in the lunchroom.

There isn't a one-in-a-million chance that these 4th-floor office girls made it out the rear door of the warehouse before Truly & Baker got to the will-call counter up front. They never saw the girls.

Film studies (I have double-checked the timing on these) place Baker arriving at the bottom of the entranceway steps at Z-313 plus about 22.5 seconds. Truly, whom he brushed past only 10 feet in front of the entranceway, caught up with him in the front lobby. And there are no witness reports of these two men lingering in the front lobby, deciding what to do. What they did do was double-time it to the elevators at the rear of the warehouse. This took just "a few seconds" according to Truly's 1964 CBS Warren Report interview. Baker in fact bumped into Truly at the will-call counter.

And thus the men arrived at the freight elevator area before the young ladies, and also arrived at the 2nd-floor landing before them.

And supervisor Dorothy Garner saw the men come up to the 4th-floor landing after she had seen the girls descend.

And it is painfully obvious that Adams & Styles passed Truly & Baker on the stairs. They didn't see them because the men were in a confrontation with Oswald inside the 2nd-floor lunchroom. And there is nothing in the testimony (III, p. 225) that precludes this circumstance.

TRULY: I opened the door back and leaned in this way.
BELIN: And where was Lee Harvey Oswald at the time you saw him?
TRULY: He was at the front of the lunchroom, not very far inside- he was just inside the lunchroom door.
BELIN: All right.
TRULY: 2 or 3 feet, possibly... When I reached there, the officer had his gun pointing at Oswald. The officer turned this way and said, "This man work here?" And I said, "Yes."
BELIN: And then what happened?
TRULY: Then we left Lee Harvey Oswald immediately and continued to run up the stairways until we reached the fifth floor.

If you've ever seen this Secret Service re-enactment film made a few days after the assassination, you've noticed that the infamous plate-glass windowed vestibule door closes in 3-4 seconds. Belin never specifically asked whether this door had closed since the thrust of this part of the testimony was about Baker confronting Oswald, and this automatic door's closing was an inconsequential detail.

Truly described Baker as just inside the lunchroom doorframe, and Oswald as 2-3 feet inside the lunchroom. Baker & Oswald weren't in profile to him, and Truly in fact walked across the 8-foot-wide vestibule to get next to Baker. Truly knew details that can only have come from standing right beside Baker. Later in that page of testimony he described how the gun was "almost touching" Oswald, and how he noticed nothing in either of Oswald's hands.

And they left him "immediately"- a colloquial expression. Truly didn't say "instantly". And Baker had estimated the length of their encounter as 30 seconds. During which timeframe the office girls passed them by. This is even suggested in the Warren Report, p. 154: "If [Adams] descended from the fourth to the first floor as fast as she claimed in her testimony, she would have seen Baker or Truly on the first floor or on the stairs, unless they were already in the second-floor lunchroom talking to Oswald."

This, then, is a substantive, tangible result from accepting the reality of the lunchroom incident. With the aid of the Stroud document, we now understand that Adams & Styles passed by Truly & Baker while they were in the lunchroom.

And this proof holds, even though I made a mistake in the girls' route down. Sandra Styles had mistakenly recalled attempting to use the passenger elevator, but Vicki Adams corrected her and said they used the back door of their office.

A skeptic may quibble over the values I selected for Adams' and Baker's relative timeframes, but there is an independent, existential component common to these timeframes that seals the deal- that the girls arrived downstairs well after Baker had left the elevator area. Because Barry Ernest found out that a "large black man" had been encountered by both Adams and Baker on the ground floor of the warehouse. I incorporated this on p. 29 of my 2015 mega-essay Inside Job.

In 2010, when I read The Girl on the Stairs, I immediately recognized that the Stroud document meant that the office girls passed the men in the lunchroom, and posted that at JFK Lancer specifically to Sean Murphy. I knew that it destroyed his lunchroom hoax hypothesis.

He never responded. Instead, he soon made bitter accusations that Barry Ernest was a dishonest researcher. Sean Murphy then went into a shell and in 2013 came out with his PrayerMan hypothesis, which was coupled with a new postulate that Truly & Baker had in actuality taken, not the stairs, but the west freight elevator up to the 5th.

I downloaded about 100 pages from the PrayerMan thread and disassembled Murphy's new postulate in the last 2 pages of my 2014 lunchroom essay.

Messages In This Thread
Anatomy of the Second Floor Lunchroom Encounter - by Richard Gilbride - 03-06-2017, 12:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wesley Frazier refutes lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 3 2,650 26-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Lunch Room Encounter Brian Doyle 6 938 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The Carbine on the Sixth Floor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,275 09-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Furthering the Lunchroom Evidence Richard Gilbride 9 7,635 24-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Death of the lunchroom hoax Richard Gilbride 45 35,414 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Why the second floor lunch room encounter could not have happened Bob Prudhomme 245 90,843 16-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,718 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Pierce Allman's encounter with Oswald Tracy Riddle 1 2,710 01-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme
  The Sniper's Nest Corner boxes in the 6th floor Museum are wrong David Josephs 28 15,775 15-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Is this a lefthanded assassin in the 3rd floor Dalt-Tex window? David Josephs 16 11,256 07-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford